PDA

View Full Version : Fly shop robbed

Rich Morrison
06-23-2012, 02:42 PM
I saw this on the Washington Forum. The scum bags might be stupid enough to sell this stuff in the local area...but it may show up elsewhere and on the web...

Last night our flyshop was burglarized. The thieves took a number of Sage and G-Loomis single hand as well as two handed rods. They also made off with numerous reels from: Lamson, Ross, Tibor, Abel, Echo, Redington, Sage, and Saracione.
I will be updating this as a more specific inventory is counted. In the meantime, I would ask that anyone who is offered a great deal on new fly fishing gear (particularly ‘new’ rods and reels without original cases or socks) please be aware this may be stolen and contact us.
Thanks

www.pugetsoundflyco.com

dynaflow
06-23-2012, 03:33 PM
so many assholes....so few bullets.I hope that insurance will cover the loss.
Regards
Peter

windknot
06-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Saw this too, thanks for re-posting it. Hope they catch the losers.

Larry S
06-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Sorry to learn about that. In the last year or so, I believe a fly shop in Bishop, Ca
had a break-in and lost a lot of high dollar gear. I would hope that the rod/reel
companies/manufacturers have a "hot list" of stolen equipment.
An idea that I've had for years is to have a separate court for fish and game
violations; maybe, even break-ins like this. Too often, a poacher finds himself
before a judge that just dealt with a rape or some similar violent criminal act.
The act of poaching "pales" in the judge's eyes and results in an easy out.
Where's Judge Bean when you need him?
Best to all,
Larry S

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-23-2012, 10:28 PM
We (Kiene's) were burglerized at night a few month ago.

They broke in throught a window in the door and took about $2,000 worth of fly rods.

Sad.....but we have been pretty lucky for the past 37 years.