PDA

View Full Version : A different view.

Rockman
06-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Set my camera up to take intermittant photo's while out on Davis Lake this weekend. Thought I would share a few, the view point from my chest with a wide angle. Hope you enjoy the view.:D
Rockman

Adam Grace
06-22-2012, 12:52 AM
I like the sequence shots of you landing that trout, very nice!

FRSam
06-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Set my camera up to take intermittant photo's while out on Davis Lake this weekend. Thought I would share a few, the view point from my chest with a wide angle. Hope you enjoy the view.:D
Rockman

Great shots!!! I'm really interested what was your camera set up?

Pete

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-22-2012, 10:31 AM
It makes you feel like you want to got tubing again...that is great.

It feels like you are there...in the tube.

What kind of camera...GoPro?

Rockman
06-22-2012, 02:16 PM
To answer Pete & Bill, I brought 2 cameras on this trip. My Panasonic which I posted some fish photos with in another area of the forum, and the GoPro which I set to take photo's I believe at 2 second intervals. Alot of photo's to edit which is time consuming, but I did get a feel of being there, compared to the photos that I shot with my regular camera at a higher elevation ( eye level ) versus the GoPro at chest level with the wide angle. Going to try it again this weekend up in Dunsmuir. Pictures to follow if I don't screw up.
I like the GoPro, and I hate the GoPro. My old eyes have a difficult time with with the small viewing area of the GoPro. I have made mistakes because I did not have magnifiers to really read the itsy bitsy screen. It was fun shooting at Davis Lake, but not as fun as catching those fish. Some of the hottest runs I have had in awhile for trout. I hope to go back in two weeks.

FRSam
06-22-2012, 04:38 PM
I thought it might have been a GoPro set up. I just dropped a bundle on DSLR canon setup...the image quality is fantastic but trying to hold the camera in one hand while working the fish with the other can present quite a few problems. Thank god for auto focus.

This was about the best I could do standing thigh deep in water with a fish on...

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/FeatherRiverSam/Forum/A74A0134.jpg

With both hands free it's great...shot from the boat at Lake Davis...

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/FeatherRiverSam/Forum/A74A0183.jpg

Having both hands free to work the fish would be a god-send. And as both you and Bill have pointed out the level of the shots make you feel as if it's you sitting there in the tube. They really are some great shots...I'll be looking forward to your Dunsmuir shots. (And yes those Lake Davis trout are HOT!) :)

Pete