PDA

View Full Version : Lower Yuba

Rossflyguy
06-20-2012, 07:18 PM
I want to give this river a shot since it's closer than most rivers to me. I was wondering if it was worth fishing for trout beginning of july? If so does anyone have any recommendations for access points to start off with? Im not asking for secret spots or anything...just something to start off with. Anything will help!

Mike O
06-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Floating? Walking? Wading?

Rossflyguy
06-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Ill be wading/walking the river.

clackaman
06-22-2012, 03:29 PM
You can access the river from the Hwy 20 bridge on both sides. In the AM I would start nypmhing with brown rubber legs stones (with lighter colored legs) and attractor patterns like red cooper colored copper johns, pheasant tails, and carry some of your favorite caddis nymph patterns. In the afternoon if you want, try throwing a hopper pattern near the banks and seams. I usually will always trail a caddis nymph off of the back of the hopper as well. Good luck.

Bob Loblaw
06-22-2012, 03:50 PM
When the flows are high in the summer the fish hold very close to the bank, but they are still tricky to get to because of the very heavy brush.

Mike O
06-22-2012, 05:11 PM
You can drive along the south side of the river (after crossing the bridge) for a long ways, and with a 4wd can access the bank/gravel. And most of it has fish

ricards
06-28-2012, 07:32 PM
You can drive along the south side of the river (after crossing the bridge) for a long ways, and with a 4wd can access the bank/gravel. And most of it has fish

Part of the road on that south side has caved in. There should be cone marking the spot, but be careful.

Mike O
06-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Part of the road on that south side has caved in. There should be cone marking the spot, but be careful.

there was a cone there a couple weeks ago. It is really visible if not, as long as you are driving in daylight. the road from down from 20 is getting really bad, especially in the first section off of 20.