PDA

View Full Version : Lost Rods at Davis Lake

gene goss
06-16-2012, 06:15 PM
I left 2 fly rods on top of my van today at Fairview Point parking lot, DUMB.... i think the rods fell off on the dirt road between Fairview Point and Grizzly Road. If anyone finds them please send me a pm

Another rod was lost from our group at Jenkins Cove, it fell off his float tube yesterday.

This has been a costly fishout for some of us.

Dabalone
06-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Got back to the truck from a great mornings duck hunt. Rainy, windy, cold, both of us in a hurry to get things put up and get out of our wet gear, dogs check, decoys check, dead birds check, guns not checked. Drove off with two shotguns on top of the camper shell, know the feeling. Lesson learned, things on top of your camper shell is just out of your eyesight, hope you get your stuff back.

SHigSpeed
06-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Costly no doubt! Thanks for not sharing the story of how I lost and sunk an oar off of my pram. I actually stripped down and dove for it, but the weeds were too thick. Luckily a helpful list member from Davis (the city, not the lake) loaned me his spare which he allowed me to keep and return to his campsite.

At least I know that I can safely exit and re-enter the tub without swamping it.

Hope you get your rods back Gene. I think I'd notice it if my pram had fallen off of the car on the road out. That one pothole on the road to Fairview nearly dislodged it coming AND going!

_SHig

JGB
06-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Your pain is shared. (I know it doesn't help.)

It was tuff enuff convincing she-who-must-be-obeyed I needed my first Z- Axis, but a replacement? AND a Ross Rythm?

I wonder what % of us have lost a rod, and/or reel in some blond moment? I guess if you fish long enough, your chances only increase?

FFers are Karmic souls, anyone who finds the stuff will attempt to return it.

Consider your dues to the Fish Gods paid.

Good luck!

JGB

Blueracer
06-17-2012, 08:45 AM
SHig- WTF - say what??

Why do you have oars that are not floating?