PDA

View Full Version : Nothing's Changed

Jay Murakoshi
06-15-2012, 08:40 AM
The same as the past 7 weeks, no bait (except ballyhoo), lot's of green waters and no fish.
This is not just the fly fishermen but the conventional boys as well. On Wed my boats came in early, strong north winds up to 25 mph. On Thurs. it was kinda flat, flat enough to go out to Las Cruces and look for doardo, for sargasso but no dorado. Had a marlin 20' from the boat but eats. Then we saw another marling about 50 yds from the first one, kinda interested but

Today is the groups last day hopefully they will get in a full day on the water and some fish.

I know the conditions are going to change but when?

Jay

Darian
06-15-2012, 12:17 PM
I'll bet you're happy to have this season behind you.

The fishing was great, as usual. The green water sure slowed the catching down. Even with that, it's still a great get-away. Got my annual dose of Rancho Viejo food, etc. First time I've returned from down there weighing more than when I left here. :lol:

Wonder how long that cool water will persist :question: Just in case, I'm working on a Ballyhoo/Halfbeak pattern. :unibrow:

Darian
06-15-2012, 08:40 PM
There's a hurricane off the coast of southern Mexico (Eastern Pacific). It seems to be working it's way up the coast towards the Sea of Cortez. That probably explains the northerly winds and mixed seas. Large amount of precip predicted from Carlotta but it's not known whether it will turn inland, run up into the Gulf or out to sea.... :-k

Jay Murakoshi
06-16-2012, 08:46 AM
the latest report shows the hurricane weakening, Hell ya, bring it on, something else to throw in the mix :-)
My last group is coming in today from Los Cabos. With the G20 going on, I hope they get to land the plane. They are diverting some flights to La Paz ( from what I read on the internet)
The harbor will be closed for a couple days to boat traffic in and out, navy boats covering the waters of Cabo and a s*** load of Federalies everywhere. I actually had two weeks left but the last group said they could handle the fishing and told me if I wanted to leave, go ahead.
Don't have to tell me twice. I hope it gets better.
So let's see, no bait, cold water, no fish, hurricane and the G20 - what a year to be in the baja.

Jay