PDA

View Full Version : Lake Davis Yesterday...6/13

FRSam
06-14-2012, 11:03 AM
I spent the entire day on the lake yesterday and had great fishing...the fish were on the grab! I saw a few damsels appear in the water around 9:30am or so. And that's what I fished the rest of the day with very good catch rates. Most of my fishing was done from shore with some sight fishing as well. There's nothing quite like spotting a fish, hitting him with a fly, see him turn and watching that wake form behind your fly!

Water temps are up, we had very little wind, morning temps were in the high 60's and afternoon temps reached the low 70's.

Calibaetis came off around 11:00am as they do just about everyday. I missed them yesterday as I was up in Grizzly Crk shooting pictures.

I spent the last part of the day down at Eagle Point with fish coming up and good results - still fishing a damsel.

The fish are strong...some are very clean but others are still showing copods.:(

I'll be curious to hear the reports from the board members currently fishing the lake today.

Pete

SHigSpeed
06-14-2012, 01:28 PM
I spent the entire day on the lake yesterday and had great fishing...the fish were on the grab! I saw a few damsels appear in the water around 9:30am or so. And that's what I fished the rest of the day with very good catch rates. Most of my fishing was done from shore with some sight fishing as well. There's nothing quite like spotting a fish, hitting him with a fly, see him turn and watching that wake form behind your fly!

Water temps are up, we had very little wind, morning temps were in the high 60's and afternoon temps reached the low 70's.

Calibaetis came off around 11:00am as they do just about everyday. I missed them yesterday as I was up in Grizzly Crk shooting pictures.

I spent the last part of the day down at Eagle Point with fish coming up and good results - still fishing a damsel.

The fish are strong...some are very clean but others are still showing copods.:(

I'll be curious to hear the reports from the board members currently fishing the lake today.

Pete

Good to hear it's still "on"! I'll be doing a day trip out there and hope to cash in on some good damsel mojo. You fishing a floater or i-line?

_SHig

FRSam
06-14-2012, 03:19 PM
I was on a floater the entire day...sorry I thought I included that in the report. As you know there are no guarantees but if you hit it right I promise you won't be sorry.

Pete

gene goss
06-17-2012, 09:29 PM

Pete

Saw you at Freeman and Cow point Wed. i was in a float tube on the east side... that was the best day, with lots of fish working around the point and shallows.....but then it went down hill when the water temp.went up for the rest of the week.

FRSam
06-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Gene I think I know where you were...I almost came over to check in but I didn't want to disturb your water. It'd be nice to meet you...next time please give me a rod wave.

After Freeman I went up toward Grizzly Crk to shoot some pictures, just got a new camera, not many fish working but tons of adult damsels in the air.

Yes Wednesday was a very good day...sorry it tapered off.

Reno Fly Tier, Mike, was up Saturday and fishing Eagle. I'm hoping we'll hear from him.

Pete

Rockman
06-19-2012, 09:12 PM
My friend Jamie and I fished it all day Sunday and Monday. Water temp's were up with the hot weather, a few damsels on Sunday showing, hardly any on Monday, but Monday was blowing hard. All fish caught were between 17" & 20", they were all hot! Some of the best fighting fish I have caught in years for the size. Did not have big numbers, but quality fish, some with cocapods, some pretty clean, some silver, some with color. Great sunset on Sat. nite when I got up there. I'll be back!!!
Most fish caught on floating line w/ a damsel nymph, most fun on my 4 wt.
Rockman

Reno Flytyer
06-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Hey Rockman...terrific photographs! Your report for the most part mirrors ours from Saturday @ Fairview. Those are some hot fish to say the least...thanks for sharing.
RFT

FRSam
06-20-2012, 08:02 PM
I fished the lake this morning, Wednesday, and had some more great fishing. I was over at Fugawii fishing the break on the north point. Flat water with fish working...my kinda of day.

These fish are hot...I've straightened more than one hook working them in. Water temps were down this AM, 64 degrees. And they're still after the damsel even with blood midges abundant.

When the wind kicked up around 9:30am I motored up to Freeman to find two other Boston Whalers anchored...it was Boston Whaler heaven. :)

Great shots Rockman!!!

Pete

Troutstalker55B
06-20-2012, 08:23 PM
You guys are killing me! I'm stuck down here in deep Concord with weeds to cut and you guys are hooking into hot fish - Sheeesh! I'll be back up guiding full time Monday so I can spread the love. Great to hear of all the good reports, so stoked for you all - happy campers!

Pete, it's nice to see your posts here. Thanks for sharing!

Jon.

Scott V
06-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Jon,
I heard the fish plan to leave the lake Sunday evening, so good luck.:D

I saw a dead catfish last Saturday, a little guy about 10 or 11 inches.