PDA

View Full Version : DF&G on AR Shad and side note

LE0
06-12-2012, 11:35 PM
This report is a week old. I was locked out of my account for a bit. Anyway, I wanted to post:

Fish & Game Wardens floated down from Sailor Bar through all of Sunrise doing full checks. Remember your fishing license. Don't get caught with barbed lures on your lines on the upper portion of the river...This is the first time I have seen full wardens do checks down the river middle of the week...the average fine per violation is $250.

Others have seen the DF&G surveyors 3 or 4 times so far this Shad Season (not to be confused with Wardens).

So far this has been a good shad season for me. I am getting into higher numbers than last year. That is for sure.

With the better fishing comes more fishermen (of course). I have seen more fisherman this year than the past 3+ years. Most are respectful and have etiquette . Unfortunately some don't. Please remember to give your fellow fisherman some space. I had someone pull up directly across from us on a thin (small) hole. It made casting for us difficult. We had to time our casts to prevent tangling with them, but of course a few tangles did occur. I have not figured out why some think Shad is a "combat" sport...If you are close enough to tangle lines you are too close!

I diliganately pursue 8 species of fish ranging from Trout to Salmon and Striper to Bass throughout Northern Cal & Southern Oregon. Shad fisherman are the worse I have encountered...Please remember it is a long big river so give nearby fisherman a cushion. Thanks

Fish On!

bassakwards
06-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Yuo sure about barbed hooks? if that is correct might as we'll just make them all barbless from now on.

Frank Alessio
06-14-2012, 02:00 PM
It is the Law....

Fish Guru
06-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Yuo sure about barbed hooks? if that is correct might as we'll just make them all barbless from now on.

it's been the law on the upper river for years now

Scott V
06-14-2012, 04:02 PM
I always have felt that if you are not going to keep the fish, why not go barb-less. I am 100% barb-less all the time, but that is just me and to each his own. Plus I never have to worry whether or not I am in a barb-less only area, ignorance off the law is not a valid excuse when you are dealing with a ticket.

amoeba
06-14-2012, 04:30 PM
a little more info on fines and fees

http://www.shastacourts.com/PDF/bailscheduleuniform.pdf

DAVID95670
06-14-2012, 04:41 PM
So then the upper river is barbless for all fishing not just steelhead??? This is not a species specific requirement on the AR from Sunrise up ..???

Mark Kranhold
06-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Barbless zone all the time...no matter if your fishing for suckers. I believe it is from the power lines at Ancil Hoffman to Nimbus dam. I haven't read the Reg's lately and could be wrong, but I know for a fact it is barbless no matter what your fishing for at anytime of the year in the upper stretch.

Blueracer
06-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Yeah what Scott V & fyshhead said

BillB
06-14-2012, 07:40 PM
It's a lot easier to remove a barbless fly from you ear, or anywhere else! The only barbed hooks I use any more are on bass bugs.

Fish Guru
06-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Actually it's only barbless from the power lines at Ancil to the Hazel bridge, barbed hooks are allowed from the Nimbus dam to the Hazel bridge.