PDA

View Full Version : Delta blow's

GreggH
06-08-2012, 01:01 PM
PM yesterday AM today. The only thing chewing was the wind. One dink on top water in Fishermans Cut last night, thats was it. Lock jaw is no fun, I could have stayed home for that.

Spicytuna1
06-08-2012, 01:41 PM
I would concur on the Delta Blows right now. Place has been a ghost town for me.

The nephew wants to get on the water so I am heading out for a hours tonight hope I can track em down.

Just got some new prototypes from a buddy to try and throw cant freaking wait to chuck this thing.

Rossflyguy
06-08-2012, 03:22 PM
When I used to fish the delta with a baitcaster, I noticed that black frogs worked the best and white came in second. Looks like a great imitation. You should tell him to make some black and white ones

Spicytuna1
06-08-2012, 04:11 PM
This was done out of a huge favor and great generosity considering they take up to 45 minutes to tie. So I am happy as hell to even get one and I will take what I can get.

You will be able to order them through Rainy's soon, though I am not sure what color schemes they are going to use on it yet.

GreggH
06-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Dave,

I sent you a PM on the other site, but please dissect that frog with your camera and send over. I'll tie us up some black's & whites. Top, bottom and profile would be great. If you can mico pic the frog that would be helpful as well. Black is beautiful!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb236/greggh_fish/photo-84.jpg

TPO
06-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Sorry to hear the bite is off. I had chance to take a couple days off and go to Klamath Lake to trout fish this week with a friend who bought a boat. First day out was Monday and it was raining, ice cold, and blowing like mad. We were literally seasick after an hour on the lake and gave up for the day. I was thinking "I could be fishing in the Delta now, I bet its pretty good; what am I doing here?". Maybe I didn't miss a lot after all. Next chance for me to get out on the Delta is next weekend. By the way, the weather improved in Klamath on Tues and Wed and we caught some redbands on flies; great fish, I'll post some pictures elsewhere.

Tom

ssy
06-09-2012, 07:14 AM
I would concur on the Delta Blows right now. Place has been a ghost town for me.

The nephew wants to get on the water so I am heading out for a hours tonight hope I can track em down.

Just got some new prototypes from a buddy to try and throw cant freaking wait to chuck this thing.

That frog looks cool! How about more pics of it.:)