PDA

View Full Version : First Hatch Report 5-31-12 Delta Pig

Hatch
05-31-2012, 12:14 PM
The Bass-N-Fly is coming up day after tomorrow. So I asked my buddy Thomas K, fellow Costa pro staffer and Sac State bass fishing team member, to take me out to the Delta to show me where to find a few fish. Beautiful morning, fast Ranger with a big Yamaha on the back, no wind. We went screaming around to a few of his "Hot" spots. Saw a few other FF out doing the same. Ran into John Sherman out pre fishing also. We went from spot to spot picking up a fish here and a fish there. The morning bite was good. The sun came up and it got slower. John raced buy in his white Champion, and I waived to him, then out of the corner of my eye I saw Thomas set the hook hard on his Okuma outfit. He yelled "big fish-big fish" and pulled this F'n pig out of the water. I have never seen a LMB that size before and I would have guessed it to be 15lbs. Well it Boga'd right at 10. What a sight.
Thanks Thomas
Hope she is still there on Saturday.
HATCH

DFrink
05-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Very impressice catch there.

coolrivertx
06-01-2012, 07:42 AM
nice fish! Guys around here will pre-fish the hot spots a couple of days before a tourney, hoping to go into defensive mode. I guess the theory is to put the fish down for a little while, and they might be less aggressive and harder to catch. Good luck tomorrow! Thanks, Brett

Adam Grace
06-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Nice Bass!