PDA

View Full Version : Punta Norte

Jay Murakoshi
05-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Today a couple boats headed to Punta Norte in search of dorado or anything that would eat.
We found the bait right at the beach where we pushed the boats of the beach, no sardine's just ballyhoo. We took the long boat ride across the channel to punta norte. Our first attempt at fish was for yellow tail and amber jacks. Who shows up? A couple dorado but they wouldn't touch the fly muchness a ballyhoo. We started heading south on the east side of the island and was drifting when two dorado showed up and we interested in eating, we caught on out of the two. Then we had a couple more shots at a few more but no hookups.
We started moving the boat real slow when I spotted 4 dorado swimming by the boat. Stopped the boat and my first cast got all 4 dorado lite up. After slapping the water a few times, I had a dorado hooked up, the others stayed around for a while but was just watching their buddy to into the fish box. We had a few more fish swimming around but not eats.
On the way back to the north end of the island, Efren spotted birds diving out on the horizon.
They motored over there and found a school of jacks busting the surface and a tuna around 80lbs playing on the top. He threw a hookless plug and the tuna grabbed it and held on for 10 seconds or there about. Then on the way back in, they saw a couple marlin who were happy. They said one jumped about 10 times and the other one jump 5 times
The others in the group, one boat caught a dorado at the lighthouse and the other boat went to Boca del Alamo, "0"

That's is for today. Oh yeah, no wind at all today and it was HOT. The water temps are quite different everywhere. Lot's of green and lot's of blue

Jay