PDA

View Full Version : Things could be looking up

Jay Murakoshi
05-27-2012, 07:33 PM
New group, new week. We found some bait, but not the sardines. Ballyhoo are in the La Ventana area and so are some roosters. The roosters are not the big ones, right now anything will do. Saw a couple jacks but they were not interested. The winds came up aournd 9:30am blowing around 15mph, white caps and a little choppy but fishable..
I'm on the boat for 6 days fishing so you might get a few photo's this week. One fish or 25 casts which ever comes first, then I'm done for the day.
After the bite died off, we headed to the lighthouse to search for the big Pez Gallo's and we found some. There were at least 4 roosters that would top the scale at 70lbs, easily. When they look 15" across the back and at least 4' long you know that's not a baby.
There were a few big roosters hook but broke of due to knot failure or a knot in the leader.
Two things check your leaders for knots and abrasions and check your ferrules

Here are a couple roosters that were caught today. I'm waiting for a few other photo's so I can add them to the album.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/jaysflies/IMG_0003.jpg
Jerry Nakamura with La Ventana Rooster

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/jaysflies/IMG_0855.jpg
Edwin Low with a Las Arenas rooster

Carey Nakamura caught two roosters - waiting for some photo's

There were also some dorado spot right off the hotel this morning and some outside the rooster area. A marlin was caught this morning by a guy trolling a plug and dorado also spotted in that area. Tomorrow dorado is on the agenda.

Jay

GreggH
05-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Very nice Jay!!

Darian
05-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Hey,.... Ed's looking good with that Rooster.... Ballyhoo eh??? Now I gotta tie up some of them....??? :lol:

Seeya next Saturday. :D

Jay Murakoshi
05-28-2012, 03:18 AM
For those of you still coming to Baja, bring some Taco Pescado crease flies. I had a lot of follows yesterday but not commitments. The Nakamura's caught all their roosters on crease flies, my taco's are sitting on my bench in the garage - a great place for them. Oh well, they'll get good use in October

Speaking of baja in October, I still have 3 spots left for the October trip, if you're interested, send me a PM or email. I'll post more information in the coming weeks
Now the question that I've been getting, " do I think the fishing will be better than what it is now"?

Jay