PDA

View Full Version : Humboldt Bay help

Rocketfish
05-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Howdy everybody!

I have been digging as much as I can for surf fishing info around the Northern California coast, and I'm at a bit of a loss. I just moved back out to Nor Cal after a 2 year hiatus on the Texas Gulf Coast, and I have a bit of a saltwater itch. I've been able to gather a little bit of Leopard Shark intel. but everything else is either non-existent or as highly guarded as a steelhead honey-hole. I am looking at taking a 3-day weekend out around Eureka and a 50 mile radius therein and I'd sure like to do a little salty fly fishing. If anybody can point me in the direction of a few fishable areas, it'd be most appreciated. Also willing to trade a trip for a trip if anyone is looking for some quality inland fishing.
Tight lines, and thanks for the help.

-Adam-

Charlie S
05-27-2012, 04:02 PM
I would contact the Eureka Fly Shop (707-444-2000) for up to date information and places to go. Saying that, I would also recommend stopping in for perhaps a few flies and some in depth info if you can make the time...I know they can use the business and they have been very helpful to me and friends in the past.