PDA

View Full Version : New Airflo Loop Welding Station at Kiene's

aaron
05-15-2012, 05:50 PM
We just received the new Airflo welding center, we'll be the only shop in Sac to feature one. It's a pretty sweet setup that can add loops, splices, etc to a lot of different lines/sink tips. If you have a custom need let us know and this contraption can probably help. Or if you'd just like a loop added to a line stop by and we can do it for a small fee. It does seem to work better on some lines over others but the results so far have been really good. Here's Doug and Jim testing the strength of some results...

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-15-2012, 08:14 PM
I have a bunch of lines that need welded loops on them.......cool.

Dave E.
05-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Very cool idea.

It does seem to work better on some lines over others but the results so far have been really good.

I'd be interested in how the process works ( heat, pressure, chemical, molding, combo of each, other. ). Airflo touts in it's introductory information that they use polyurethane for their line coatings instead of the pvc that the other line companies use for their coatings. Just wondering aloud if the results of an Airflo welding system works equally well on both mediums, as well as it's bonding strengths with slime line coatings or those laden with tungsten particles as in the case with many common sinking lines. Has Airflo adopted pvc or another coating material and not revised it's intro information?

More questions than answers.
Dave

Scott V
05-16-2012, 07:48 AM
I'd be interested in how the process works ( heat, pressure, chemical, molding, combo of each, other. ).

Dave I hear they use super glue and duct tape. But then again you know how much a jokster Bill can be. :p

aaron
05-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Nuclear Fusion actually, which is why we charge a small fee. Uranium is getting expensive these days.

JAWallace
05-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Andy welded a loop on some T200 today. It looks like a factory loop and was very reasonable. I'm going to bring down some older pre-welded loop lines and have them fix them up. Nice feature, thanks for bringing it in.

Dan LeCount
06-19-2012, 11:55 AM
This sounds so awesome. If I lived in Sac Id be wasting your entire day splicing mini t-14 tips, old S-A fly lines, spey lines, cheaters, and on and on. Maybe time for a road trip...