PDA

View Full Version : First Hatch Report 5-10/11-12

Hatch
05-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Fished the last two days with with some good guys from the Stockton area. Day one: we went north for the spring run stripers and just like the the day before, we had slow action in the morning. By the early afternoon, the bite started to pick up and we found steady action for several hours. We found an area that had a nice group of fish and were getting one to four fish on every drift. We fished into the early evening and the bite continued to improve. My guys took turns catching 40 plus, hard-fighting stripers to 8 pounds. And then we were joined by Sam Y in his boat with Kiene's Andy G having a blast landing fish after fish.

Day two: my guys wanted a change in scenery so we headed over to the Delta. We fished the Eddos smolt release and found a ton of boats, but not a lot of fish. The weather was great and we were able to move around and cover a lot of water, but were not able to find may quality fish. We fished from the Antioch bridge all the way down to Disco. By the afternoon, some of the water had warmed up to 72 degrees (yikes). We managed to scratch 20 or so stripers to 5 pounds and a few small LMB. We had a great time on the water, but I will be back on the rivers next week. My two clients were ribbing and making fun of each other all day. It was fun to listen to them get after each other. Thanks guys.
HATCH

Andy Guibord
05-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi, Muary. It was good seeing you and your happy anglers the other day. It seamed amazing that they did not want to go back to the to the "hot spot", but they are fisherman, and it is about fishing and not always about catching a bunch of fish. My hat goes off to you for not dissuading them from exploring and experiencing a possibly less productive, but wonderfully incredible fishery. I am certain that they had a great day with you on the Delta in spite of the fewer numbers of fish landed compared to the day before.. Cheers!

Hatch
05-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Hey Andy,
Man that was fun watching you and Sam get into em'. Thanks for your nice comments. Those guys booked me for two consecutive days and I was "strait up pissed" that they did not want to go back to the spot were the fishing was "off the hook". Turns out that the guy who booked with me was bringing a friend that was from the bay area who had a wife that was 8.5 months pregnant and he wanted to be close to home. Some people have their priorities all messed up. Just kidding.
HATCH