PDA

View Full Version : Hike and fish

J. Jett
05-09-2012, 11:22 PM
I am looking to partner up with someone who is interested in hiking into some Sierra streams and or lake fishing this summer. I am thinking about one, two, or three day trips. I have a few ideas and would be interested in your ideas. My work is flexible but it makes planning ahead a necessity for me. If interested in seeing if we have some common goals and ideas PM or email me.

DAVID95670
05-10-2012, 09:06 AM
http://wanderswithtrout.wordpress.com/

windknot
05-12-2012, 11:08 AM
David, thanks for the link and props. Although I'm no expert by any means, I do focus almost exclusively on backcountry fishing in the Sierra and have a lot of fun with it.

J. Jett, I'm pretty swamped with work from now through July, but I hope to get free for some weekend trips toward the end of summer and may be able to meet up with folks doing some shorter backcountry fishing trips.

In the meantime, I'm always down for talking backcountry fishing while I'm stuck at sea level and would welcome any question, comments, or ideas you or anyone else wants to throw my way.

Matt

J. Jett
05-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Matt,
I have a few short trips on my list we can do in the later part of summer or early fall. Best to plan it now or the time will get filled up. Got any dates and or places in mind? PM me.

JohnD
05-23-2012, 04:38 PM
J,

I'm in Sacramento too and will be spending a lot more time up in Tahoe this year. Would be interested in a day trip or some shorter overnighters.
Plan on poking around the Truckee/Little Truckee area this weekend. Weather looks terrible, but I need to fish.