PDA

View Full Version : Stalking the Eagle Lake Rainbow

Troutstalker55B
05-09-2012, 09:26 AM
I’ve been submitting articles to myoutdoorbuddy.com and knew you fans of Eagle Lake would enjoy this read. When the water levels at the pond come back we can enjoy this game once again, but until then we can only day dream of stalking the Eagle Lake rainbow in the corn maze of the tule reeds.

http://www.myoutdoorbuddy.com/flyfishing-news-info.php?flyfishing=5412

Jon.

OceanSunfish
05-09-2012, 11:50 AM
I got to experience the high water fishing opportunity at Eagle Lake. It's disheartening that it's not this way today.... I got spoiled being able to fish the tules as described in the link.

gene goss
05-10-2012, 07:19 AM
The first time i fished Eagle Lake, the lake was so high that the dirt road at the end of Spaulding airstrip ran right into the lake....no turn around....you had to back all the way out to the pave road to park your car.
Hey Jon have you fished the ranch house bays, it was the best.

Troutstalker55B
05-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Gene,

I remember when that road ran straight into the lake as well. Back in the day, Jay would go to that exact spot on his lunch hour and catch so many large trout that his arm would hurt the rest of the day! He said he did not even wear waders - Just rubber boots. The pictures in the article was the ranch house tules area. My oh my, how things change...

Jon.