PDA

View Full Version : Striper Report 5/3-4-6

Hatch
05-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Fished The Sac on Thursday, Feather on Friday and Sunday. Thursday was tough on the Sac. Windy- and the bite was slow for my boat with only 5 fish for a half day. Friday I had a cancelation but headed to the Feather early and found cold water (53 degrees) with pretty good visibility. Found a few fish right away and then it was slow. Fished only 4 hours and landed 5 stripers and a small steelhead. Headed back to the Feather this morning with A.Solari. We hit the water early with hopes of doing a Shad/Striper combo. Put in at 5:30 and it was already fairly crowded so we went for a long run to get away from the bait dunkers and trollers. We found one of my favorite spots with no one around, set up to do a drift and got into fish right away. We had some nice action for two hours using 7 wts with Rio 250s and 8 wts 300. Most of the fish ate olive/grey/pink clousers in 5 to 8 feet of water and were hard fighting, aggressive eaters in 57 degree water. We landed 15 stripers to 6# with a few doubles and many missed grabs. With our rods continually being bent and some hoot'n and laughing we, unfortunately, attracted some conventional boats over to our area. We decided to head back near the take out and try for some shad only to find 32 boats anchored up shading. We decided that we wanted no part of that mess and went home. Off the water by 9:30. Nice morning. Thanks Andy.-----------This next week should be great---------------I have Friday available !!
MH

JAWallace
05-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Maury, your detailed reports are very much appreciated. Thank you.

I plan to fish the Delta on the PM outgoing next week. As I have a small boat I'm trying to stick to and learn the North Delta out of New Hope--the Moke, X channel, Hog, Beaver, Meadows. I'm assuming there are fish there now, but if anyone has any information to the contrary or better recommendations I'd sure appreciate a heads up. Thank you.

John