PDA

View Full Version : Clear Creek near Whiskeytown?

JasonB
05-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Just wondering if anyone wouldn't mind sharing a bit of info about Clear Creek near Whiskeytown. I'm in Weaverville for a bit and would love to get out and fish something nearby, and the Trinity is out. Driving past Clear Creek sure looked like some nice water, but I'm open to any other nearby suggestions as well. PM is fine too...
Thanks,
JB

Scott V
05-05-2012, 09:15 PM
I've never fished it, but if it was me I would park where I saw water and start walking and fishing.

Dustin Revel
05-07-2012, 12:09 PM
while i have had some good days there it is usually pretty slow. I usually just try to make it there for the evening hatch as they can be pretty good at times.

Mostly smaller fish <12" but i have hooked soome bigger fish there nymphing.

goby
05-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Just wondering if anyone wouldn't mind sharing a bit of info about Clear Creek near Whiskeytown. I'm in Weaverville for a bit and would love to get out and fish something nearby, and the Trinity is out. Driving past Clear Creek sure looked like some nice water, but I'm open to any other nearby suggestions as well. PM is fine too...
Thanks,
JB

Greetings from Weaverville!!! I don't know about Clear Creek. In 14 years I've never seen anyone fish it, but if you drive a little further, I hear the lower Sac is amazing. If you decide to go to Clear Creek, you might want to also prepare for the Lower Sac. Call The Fly Shop and see if it's still wadeable.

You might also try Grass Valley Lake/Reservoir if you have a pontoon boat or float tube. There is also Union Lake in Douglas City, which has bass, bluegill, and trout. I'm not sure about Lewiston Lake with these flows.

I'd stop by the Trinity Fly Shop and see what's happening. I'm free next weekend and I'm going to travel to Hat Creek for the second time in my life.

JasonB
05-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the tips folks. I'll hopefully get to play a bit tomorrow, but won't be around for the weekend. Heading back home by then.
Cheers,
JB