PDA

View Full Version : In the Bay

Jay Murakoshi
05-03-2012, 06:31 PM
I took a long walk today. For those of you who know the area, I walked from the hotel to the new market "MESA and back to the hotel. A walk of 13 kilometers. On the way back, I stopped to have my rib and rice dinner at Tailhunter and over looking the bay, all of a sudden there was a huge school of dancing bait. We sat there and watched for a good 5 minutes while this bait was jumping out of water getting away from this fish feeding frenzy.
What were they???? A school of roosters inside the bay
After finishing dinner, i made the walk back to the hotel. Damn, that hill climb was like climbing a 13,000 foot mountain.

I talked to Jonathan's people who went out today. They had some pargo, two dorado, and boated a 17lg rooster. I'll be going out on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with Efren. First thing on the list is a marlin on a 12 wt.

More reports to follow

Jay

Darian
05-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Hmmm,.... Roostahs in the bay?? Maybe we should start looking for 'em in the surf at the point next to the hotel. Do they still rent kayaks??? :lol:

How were the ribs?? I'm thinking I need to relax my veggie diet and try some ribs when I'm down there. :D

Flyboy_AK
05-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Jay,

I would be huffing and puffing too going up that hill. Good news on bait and Pez Gallo. Both Phil and I are dying thinking about fishing with you and Effren in a little more than a week. I still have 2 feet of snow in the yard, and it may snow the next few nights. It ain't melting very fast.. Oh... Mexico.

Thanks for the great post narrative, I can see you all so clearly. Good luck on the Marlin, got some new super flies for them and a new 14wt.

8)

Jay Murakoshi
05-04-2012, 06:16 AM
I'm paying for it today. My knees are hurt'n, my ankles are crying - no more long walks.
Got all my GoPro Hero2's charged up and ready to go, hoping we can get a marlin eat on video.
See you guys soon

Another great day in Baja

Jay