PDA

View Full Version : South of the Border

Jay Murakoshi
05-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Here's a report from a couple of my captains. Some dorado being caught up to 25lbs and marlin on the surface sunning themselves but not chewing on the bait. My captain hooked two marlin yesterday from reports I heard but didn't land a one. Gotta have a talk with the boy. I'm going out on Sunday, monday, tuesday and wednesday so more reports and video will becoming your way, I hope.
Today is overcast and looks like rain but i doubt it.

Could this be a good early season?

Jay

FISHEYE
05-02-2012, 09:03 PM
We are getting excited, real excited here in Alaska. Mike is going to smoke up some salmon I will give him.

Jay Murakoshi
05-02-2012, 11:00 PM
I can't wait. I"m already tired of Mexican food gotta have something different. Hopefully I'll be eating dorado this weekend. Going to have pokololo ribs tomorrow at Jonathan's with white rice, mmmmm.

Jay

Flyboy_AK
05-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Jay,

This is the other Mike. I already have a jar of King Salmon smoked slow with my hand cut alder shreds packed in my gear bag for you... Yum....

Tony Buzolich
05-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Mike, a few years ago my wife made up several pounds of teriyaki flavored beef jerky for me to bring down for the trip. When I got to the red-light/green-light naturally I got pulled over. The first thing the Mexican TSA spotted was the several bags of prime jerky. I told them it wasn't drugs and even ate a piece in front of them but they wouldn't budge. "You can't bring this in if it isn't factory packaged" they said, and quickly confiscated it.

Damn I was mad, as they smiled all the way home with it. I bet they enjoyed every bite. Since then I've always taken Jack Links and had no problem.
Tony

Flyboy_AK
05-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Ya, I know Tony... Red/Green light, like rolling the dices, but I think it is weighted to green light. Not end of the world, if its green light Jay gets to splurge and gorge, if Red light the policia do. Its worth the gamble, not punishable just surrender-able. :D

FISHEYE
05-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Smoked and canned king salmon. Senor Jay is going to have to share! Jay, I should have the glasses today or tomorrow. The new Haber Lanzarote model is sold out already.

Jay Murakoshi
05-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Red light/green light it doesn't matter. Most people were getting checked, some thoroughly and some spot checked. A young female agent called me over and wanted to check my bags. All she opened was my back pack and right on top was a opened pack of Nutter Butter cookies, not a problem. Gracias and out the door I went
On the declaration paper, it mentions animal products like beef but it doesn't say fish products.
I brought some video's too watch and now I'm watching reruns but the hotel now has 4 english speaking channels, 25 channels in all. There getting better

I'll give you reports starting monday. I'm rigged up and ready to go

Jay

Darian
05-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Have there been any reports on the size of the Sardinas, so far :?: :?: Reports from the Loreto area indicates the Sardinas up there are small.... (ish). :confused:

Jay Murakoshi
05-05-2012, 03:29 AM
from what I've heard from Jonathan, the sardine's are around 3 1/2" about the average size. bigger than October's bait. I'll find out on Monday and also see where the bait is at

jay