PDA

View Full Version : Stripers feeding on Sand Eels in a foot of water?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-28-2012, 11:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrWjzAOp-Tk

Terry Imai
07-29-2012, 11:41 PM
This guy was lucky enough to have tailing fish within 30-40' from him but I had to toss cold water on the deal but it seems it was not a strong caster and because of that, he started moving closer and closer into the pod of fish. I have seen this in some many instances where you have someone that cannot hit the spot and decides to move into the fish to hook them. But what usually occurs by walking into the pod is that it blows up and moves onto some other area and the guy is scratching his head on where did the fish go... Ii's only nice to have a water load pickup and one haul instead of the 5-6 false casts that this guy was doing.

Darian
07-30-2012, 08:26 AM
Yeah,.... I noticed al the false casting, too. But, hey, the guy caught a couple of fish for the video while wading to the edge of the school without disturbing them. From the angle of the camera, it's hard to tell how close the guy actually came to the school. Lets give 'im some credit for catching fish and having local knowledge. 8)

stonefish
08-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Nice video, but a stripping basket sure would have helped that angler fish more effectively.