PDA

View Full Version : Spring Striper spawning run is heading north..

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-27-2012, 08:33 AM
...on the Sacramento River right now.

Call Johnson's Bait & Tackle for instant daily reports.

298 Garden Highway Yuba City, CA 95991
(530) 674-1912

The Striper run is on the Sacramento River between Knights Landing and Colusa, CA.

May is the top month...

I think Steve Santucci and Maury Hatch are guiding fly fishers up there in their jet boats.

If you have not seen this I would go at least once in your lifetime if you are a Striper fly fisher.

Terry Thomas and I are going to fish up there on May 1, 2012 so I will have a report.

We have seen the Striper free spawning on top in the middle of the river while we were catching them drifting a rip rap bank at the same time.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Nice Striper on a fly up on the Sacramento River:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QzLAfHpUN4

__________________________________________________ ____________________

I spent most of my life fishing Stripers from Clarksburg below Sacramento to the mouth of the Feather River above Sacramento but in last decade I have caught them as far north as Colusa on the Sacramento River and as far south as the Delta and bays.

Some day I hope to get out on the Pacific beaches and catch one Striper of any size in the surf.

lee s.
04-28-2012, 12:24 AM
Kewl endeaver to have on your bucket list Bill. Grab Steve Cali, a friend of Lee Haskins, and he will surely lead you to one. GRAND fella and surely knows how to do THAT one. ;-)
.....lee s.