PDA

View Full Version : Northern California Fly Fishing Board?

mike borba
04-23-2012, 07:52 PM
The NCFFB is down right now. I don't have any other information. I mention it here because I'm hosting a fly swap there. If you were planning on "swapping" and I don't have my address, you can PM me here. Thanks. Mike Borba

Sammy
04-23-2012, 10:37 PM
crap i've completely neglected that board. I hope it comes back around. seems like there are technical difficulties a few times a year with that site

JGB
04-24-2012, 07:12 AM
Probably a good thing considering the acrimony that was going on there.

Probably a bad thing considering the info that was shared there.

Why don't you start one here? Less acrimony, same info? Lot's of same posters.

JGB

Mike O
04-24-2012, 05:37 PM
I get all my info here and FAOL now. That board's acrimony, childishness, and homophobia turned me and my stomach long ago.

Bummer too, used to be a nice place to hang out

goby
04-24-2012, 06:47 PM
I get all my info here and FAOL now. That board's acrimony, childishness, and homophobia turned me and my stomach long ago.

Bummer too, used to be a nice place to hang out

I never liked it after they changed the board style. I think that was 5+ years ago.

Homophobia??? You've got to be kidding me.....

NCL
04-25-2012, 04:36 AM
The board is mellower and quieter now.

JGB
04-25-2012, 07:53 AM
And un-Googleable?

Still cliquish as ever...RIP.

JGB

Charlie S
04-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Sure sorry to see there are still so many who wish ill of others....that's sad and beneath those who feel that way.

The NCFFB is not dead. It has been hit hard by overseas spammers who have used up a lot of band width. Administrators are working hard to remedy the problem and have been blocking 20-30 spammers a day but..... It will be back up May 1st.

I do not understand the cliquish comments??? I was going to suggest that a get together for those on the NCFFB and Bill's great board this fall, most likely in the October time frame up by Burney...I have heard from several folks over there who thought that was a good idea. I'd like to know how many have met folks from the NCFFB on a personal level and not just making snap decisions and judgements without personal knowledge.

JGB
04-26-2012, 05:44 PM
...I wonder why it is such?

Your last assumption is pretty broad Charlie S - or is it "UC"?

Ill will?

Wish them luck on May Day.

JGB

Yard Sale
04-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Nevermind, not worth it

mike borba
04-26-2012, 07:07 PM
I've participated in a few swaps here and on NCFFB. I've enjoyed them all. The one mentioned in my original post here was the first one that I've hosted. Perhaps I'll do one here later in the year. Each board is the sum total of its partipants, and therefore unique. Enjoy them for what they are. Don't take it too seriously. Its just pixels on a screen. Mike Borba

Fly Guy Dave
04-26-2012, 07:26 PM
I think saying that they are just pixels on the screen is selling it short. There is someone, often times a stranger, saying incredibly rude things to another person that they often don't even know, behind those words or pixels on the screen. The internet D-wad theory in action. Life is too short to put up with that kind of crap.

I used to post on the NCFFB a lot, and still do on occasion, but now it is, as NCL said, a much mellower and quieter place. Still, that does not excuse the past bad behavior by a small minority, so I can understand why bad feelings persist with some former posters.

However, if we keep this up, this will only draw some of those aforementioned D-wads out from under their respective rocks to share their two cents on this thread and the NCFFB in general. I wonder why it strikes such a nerve when this subject is brought up, which seems to be far too often...