PDA

View Full Version : Outcast GTS Dual Rod Holder - New

Tim P
04-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Outcast P/N 320-000650

Dual Rod holder (any type of rods); attaches to a pontoon boat. Approx 59" long

Won it in a raffle today (4/21/2012) - appears to be new, still has product merchandising tags attached.

I don't own a pontoon boat and am unlikely to be getting one - so... make an offer if you want it! (Either here or PM)

It looks like Outcast's dealers sold it for $99 - e.g

http://www.flyfishusa.com/outcast/02-Outcast-Accessories/outcast-fishermans-gear.htm#Outcast_GTS_Dual_Rod_Holder

No reasonable offer will be refused.

Tim P
04-22-2012, 10:34 PM
I received a PM asking about compatibility w/ 2 piece rods, so I'll add a little more detail and some pics.

The construction appears to be using two 3" OD PVC pipes; they are full cylinders for about 18" (where rod tips would be) and then half-cylinders (think a curved tray) where the zipper bag is located (about 41"). I suppose this makes it easy to withdraw/insert rods while seated on the pontoon, and also makes it compatible with both fly and conventional gear. (The butt ends of the rods are not "captured" by a full cylinder)

The tubes/half trays are both lined with a black nylon cloth - no internal pockets. Both internal sides of the bag (nylon) appear to have a 3/16" foam cushion layer (I presume it is closed-cell foam) for protection of rods/reels sitting in the curved "dual tray" area, and there is a divider panel of the same nylon-covered foam between the two trays.

The "bag" area has two long outer pockets, and a two full-length zippers (one for each rod tray). The divider/protection panel is attached to the trays, but not the bag - so you can access either rod from either side of the bag.

There is a short carrying handle and also a shoulder strap, plus two nylon straps with buckles for attachment to a pontoon or stowing the bag. The zipper closure mechanisms are non-metallic.

I put a tape measure inside a tube and extended it to just shy of 57.5" (4', 9.5"), so I suppose a two-piece 9' rod will fit without difficulty. (Or a 14' 3-pc spey rod).

Fur-Turkeys not included in offer.