PDA

View Full Version : The Yuba

ricards
04-21-2012, 10:26 AM
For anyone thinking about heading to the lower Yuba, I was there on Thursday and the river was off-color. So, I headed up to the low-flow section of the Feather. It's clear with normal flows, though it's been getting pounded pretty hard (probably because the Yuba is off).

Slice
04-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Im taking a couple buddies up to the yuba tomorrow. I normally dont mind getting skunked fishing by myself but i would sure like these 2 newbies but good buddies to catch something so they come out with me again.

I havent been out there in a couple months, any andvice on bugs would be appreciated. I was planning to head east of the bridge. Im not familiar enough to know where the low flow section of the feather is but i havent done a search yet.

Do you think i should chane plans?

If anyone wants to meet up tomorrow let me know and ill send you my contact info. I think we will get up there around 11 and stay to sunset. I reckon with this weather the crowds will be heavy so why not make it a group fishing day.

jim

ganderlander2
04-21-2012, 09:10 PM
She is running alittle high for comfortable wading, and is still really off colored. Maybe saw a half dozen fish rise today, we fished hard from 8 am till 7:30 pm for 5 fish to the net for 2 rods. It was a tuff day, but a good day. Oh yeah, keep an eye on were your walking, saw my 1st rattler of the year.

ganderlander2
04-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Just checked the flows, wow its going up. I wonder why? There's no snow so they shouldn't be making room in the lake for run off. Oh well, have to find somewhere else to get my fix. Never fished the north yuba...... any suggestions?