PDA

View Full Version : Feather River Report 4/19/12

Hatch
04-19-2012, 09:40 PM
On the feather River again today. Fished from 6 A.M. till 1 P.M. Water was 57 to 59 degrees. Visibility most places was 2 to 3 feet. Had Kiene's board member Joe M. on the bow. No fish landed with only one grab in the first hour and a half. Yikes!! Joe finally fooled one at a spot where I found a school yesterday, first striper on the fly for him and the skunk was off. Slow going for another 1/2 hour so we took a burrito break and made a big move. Found a nice stretch of 5 to 8 feet of water that held a bunch of hungry fish and allowed us to use our 7 weights with Rio 250 grn lines. We made 5 drifts in a 3/4 of a mile area and found fish on every pass. We ended up landing 16 stripers from 1# to 8# . It took a while, but we had two hours of pretty good fishing. All the fish slammed the fly, fought hard and where fat as could be. Several had sea lice on them. Nice day.
Thanks Joe.

HATCH

Joe Mateas
04-20-2012, 06:29 AM
Man I had agreat day out there on the Feather Maury.... I would have to say to anyone wanting to get into the linesides to give Hatch a try. We had great day BS'ing and strippin' line, and the breakfast burritos alone were worth the drive from Antioch to Sacramento. Thanks Maury, I'm looking forward to next time, can't wait!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Maury will be at our Expo tomorrow at the shop along with a lot of other wonderful people.

**Terry Thomas and I are taking our annual trip up to the Sacramento River below Colusa, CA to fish with semi-retired Striper guide Shane Harden on Tuesday, May 1, 2012.

Terry Thomas
04-20-2012, 08:39 AM
BEWARE!
If you launch a Boyd's, there have been break ins there recently and a truck and trailer stolen at that location on April 7th.

Tony Buzolich
04-20-2012, 12:06 PM
That truck and trailer you're talking about belonged to Shane Harden. Fortunately after calling the police the trailer was found unhitched from the truck not far away and he was able to get his boat out of the water.

This stuff goes on all the time everywhere. Look at all the posts about the American River Parkway. Anywhere that's in an isolated location is prone to this kind of activity. If you've got something nice you better keep an eye on it.
Tony

Mr T
04-20-2012, 12:14 PM
BEWARE!
If you launch a Boyd's, there have been break ins there recently and a truck and trailer stolen at that location on April 7th.

That truck and trailer you're talking about belonged to Shane Harden. Fortunately after calling the police the trailer was found unhitched from the truck not far away and he was able to get his boat out of the water.

This stuff goes on all the time everywhere. Look at all the posts about the American River Parkway. Anywhere that's in an isolated location is prone to this kind of activity. If you've got something nice you better keep an eye on it.
Tony

I wish there were some way to catch these guys. Things like this really make me rethink going to fish there as well as the American. Very frustrating.

Icastnblast
04-20-2012, 03:57 PM
I wish there were some way to catch these guys. Things like this really make me rethink going to fish there as well as the American. Very frustrating.

Wish my Chesapeake Bay retriever was still with me. You guys could leave all your gear in the back of my rig in south Stockton and nothing would turn up missing. I once left my wallet sitting on the side rail while shopping around in Elkhorn bait, went to buy a call and ran to my truck to find Boon sittin next to it, untouched.