PDA

View Full Version : Whats your pleasure???

Spicytuna1
04-19-2012, 09:50 AM
I have spent a lot of time on the Delta in the last 4-5 years and seem to see many more anglers pursuing Stripers rather than LMB's. As for me I am a Topwater Junkie so LMB is what I like to shoot for.

Was curious as to how many people prefer which species here in the Delta.

Adam Grace
04-19-2012, 02:04 PM
I chose stripers for their power and pull. However for shear number caught and the explosive nature of LMBs they are also difficult to beat!

atavuss
04-20-2012, 07:21 AM
I live minutes away from the Delta (I have a Hobie Pro Angler and a 15' Gregor) and yet I have never targeted any warm water fish, always have been a high country trout bum.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-20-2012, 08:31 AM
I really like top water LMB in May in the Delta thanks to Captain Kevin Doran.

** I really like top water fishing for everything.....that way I can fly cast more.

I just like to use a weight forward floating line with a tapered leader and a floating or almost floating fly for everything. You have to time everyting just right for this...

At my age it is not about catching a bunch of fish....or even a big fish...it's all about nice casting while I am fly fishing. I also try to fish with very light flies too that way the fly does not effect the casting as much.

We fish Puglisi floating steamers that are light as a feather for baby Tarpon in the Yucatan.

Spicytuna1
04-20-2012, 04:43 PM
I live minutes away from the Delta (I have a Hobie Pro Angler and a 15' Gregor) and yet I have never targeted any warm water fish, always have been a high country trout bum.

You should give it a shot you WILL be hooked for sure.

I was the same way grew up here in Lodi and did nothing but fly fish for trout. And to this day I am kicking myself in the Butt for not realizing the potential the Delta has earlier in my fly-fishing career. I have only been hitting the Delta hard for 4-5 years, if I had any clue whatsoever it could have been 15 + plus years ](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

Dabalone
04-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Warm water flyfisherman 90% of the time, the large and powerful delta and river run stripers are about as good as it gets for freshwater fly fishing in my opinion. Just never got excited about trout, I love the mountains and the high country scenery but that is the only reason I have a box with trout patterns. Having said that I think for sheer adrenaline saltwater is the ultimate for fly fishing.