PDA

View Full Version : NF Consumnes River

DFrink
04-19-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm looking for information on this stream. If anyone has some to share, please send me a PM and I will get into more detail.

Dan

flynoob
04-19-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm curios about this river too. My friend owns some property along the river in the valley of a deep gorge. I'm going to try fishing it next weekend. I've been going there for years. Couple years ago, before I started fishing, I saw a number of 10-14 fish in the river, but I paid them no attention. I'll let you know how it is.

Morgan
04-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Let us know how it goes...pics or it didnt happen :) Next time your up in the area again shoot me a pm. Maybe we will be fishn the same area by chance again. But these will be my last 2 weekends before work starts. ANd then its back to the grind...workn on weekends. But the weekdays are better for fishn anyways :)

DFrink
05-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Pretty sure I'm going to give this stream a shot in the next week or so, anyone have any information on it?

Scott V
05-29-2012, 01:55 PM
It has water and fish in it. I believe their is plenty of poison oak to go around. Other than that I have not fished it in years.

DFrink
05-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks Scott. I was out that way about 6 months ago, water looked pretty fishy. I know the stream holds smallies in the summer (maybe in the lower reaches) so I didn't know if it got to warm for trout. I have an access location, but since it's so limited I also wasn't sure if the stream got fished out quickly? I wanted to fish it last month, but figured it would be to high so I waited. With my minimal outings I have time for I didn't want to make the drive when I could have just worked the SF American or somewhere else. Guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way and just go try it out.

Dan

P.S. I don't get poison oak so I will fish any stream that others avoid due to my favorite plant.:)

Scott V
05-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Dan, I'll check my records to see where I accessed the river. If it is the same water I am thinking of I did real good.