PDA

View Full Version : A thorough look and review of Freedom Hawk Pathfinder

Grampa Spey
04-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Ken Morrow of FishCampReHab has submitted a very thorough analysis of his new Freedom Hawk Pathfinder in/on the water.

His comments re the stability of the Pathfinder in wind, waves and in the wake of a big boat give us insight to how his FH Pathfinder performed in those situations.

Ken tells us how to paddle the Pathfinder and how to pole it.

In my limited trials, my Pathfinder underway is far more stable than my Freedom Hawk 12 and our Hobie Oasis/Mirage with the Hobie Amas. I have the stabilizers/pontoons in the 2nd position while going from one point to another.

In free drifts, with the stabilizers extended in the 2nd or 3rd position, the Pathfinder seems more stable than the Freedom Hawk 12.

Compared to the Hobie Oasis/Mirage with its Hobie Amas/Stabilizers, the Pathfinder is very stable, easy to stand up and I could cast with no problem. I "ain't" standing nor casting from my Oasis.

Handling head on wind of about 10-12 mph:

1. I would not be out in wind like that with my Freedom Hawk 12.

2. The Hobie Oasis with my wife in front is fairly stable but tends to follow the wind as it shifts.

3. Pathfinder with the BassYak electric motor just goes into the wind and peels through it and the waves with no problem

http://fishcamprehab.com/2012/03/23/more-analysis-on-the-freedom-hawk-pathfinder/