PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota 17 lb. $60

JAWallace
04-16-2012, 08:56 AM
*SOLD*Model 35, 17 lb. thrust, 28" stainless shaft, 4 speeds forward, 2 reverse, with MK's precursor to the Maximizer.

I am the original owner of the motor and it is in very good condition. It's probably 20 years old. I originally had it on a 14' aluminum boat and it was fine but with two people the battery wouldn't last for more than 3-4 hours.

I upgraded to a 28 lb. for that boat and have used the 17 lb. over the years for a canoe, a Hobie Fishcat pontoon, and inflatables. You can use a wheelchair battery in a pontoon or tube and it will go all day with intermittent use. The two main advantages of the 17 lb. are light weight and minimal current draw. I have three MKs now and this one just doesn't get the use to justify keeping it.*SOLD*

neil
04-18-2012, 11:36 AM
PM sent.

Thanks,

Neil

JAWallace
04-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Still available. Given Neil's usage, he's better off with a higher thrust motor. The big advantage of the 17 lb. is you can get the speed down to very slow trolling speed even on a small inflatable. You can't do that with the larger motors. Even with the Hobie FishCat I had to drag my fins at times when the wind was with me when I was lazy or tired and just wanted to motor troll a bugger for a bit. It's also very light and compact and more durable than the newer motors.

neil
04-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Bump for this advert. Spent some time with John on the phone this morning. He gave me some great info on Minn Kota motors, and basically talked me out of buying his. Quality guy here, probably selling a quality product.