PDA

View Full Version : AR Sunday Afternoon

craigfalk
04-15-2012, 09:12 PM
I landed this wild Steelhead Sunday afternoon:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm210/craigfalk/April15ARSteelhead.jpg

I've caught bigger steelhead, but this was the hottest one I've ever caught. Wow, what a show she put on! Two jumps and several long runs. She took a size 16 Copper John. I was at the end of my drift and I wasn't really paying attention when she hammered the fly and took off. I assume the fly was swinging at the end of the dead drift. It was just my lucky day. :)

Last week I was out when the skies were overcast and there were tons of swallows feeding on something. I've seen this several times during a big caddis hatch, but I didn't see any caddis and only one or two small mayflies. There were no fish feeding on the surface. Any idea what the swallows were eating?

Frank Alessio
04-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Nice Fish...

Joe Mateas
04-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Nice chunky fish! I realy need to get out that way this week......

WinterrunRon
04-15-2012, 10:57 PM
That is one of the nicest fish I've seen come out of the American in a quite a while. Thanks for posting the pic and congrats on landing her. She's b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!

Mark Kranhold
04-16-2012, 07:12 AM
That's a nice one.. Beautiful, congrats! May I ask what section of the river:rolleyes:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-16-2012, 08:17 AM
That is a "Wild Spring Run Steelhead" that we get this time of year in many valley rivers.

They are a very special fish.....usually 3 to 6 pounds.

Fisheries people have been studieing them.

With the low flows this spring we can actually fish more effectivily for them.

matt johnson
04-16-2012, 12:50 PM
That's about as nice of a looking wild steelhead as you could hope to catch anywhere. A very special fish indeed. Those wild CV fish are HOT! Good for you and thanks for sharing. Matt.

Mr T
04-17-2012, 08:33 AM
What a great looking fish!