PDA

View Full Version : Lower Yuba @ Hiway 20

stonefly58
04-13-2012, 04:35 AM
Does anyone know if overnighting is allowed at the parking area for the lower yuba/20 river access on the south side?

beachjumper1
04-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Not the safest spot. Go down to Sycamore Ranch couple miles west of the bridge. nice campground easy walk to the river gd luck George

Ralph
04-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Does anyone know if overnighting is allowed at the parking area for the lower yuba/20 river access on the south side?

The property is owned by Western Aggregates and posted no trespassing. You may or may not get the boot. Some really seedy creatures hang out down there after dark (not just us fly fishers either). Like BJ1 said, you'll sleep a lot better at Sycamore. Collins Lake isn't too far, has good camping and excellent fishing.

Slice
04-13-2012, 09:05 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I camped once on the south side of the river down that dirt road that follows the river a ways. I saw several old fire pits and just set up shop. I saw no trespassing signs on the south of the road but not between the road and river. Is that not a legal camp spot?

Mrs.Finsallaround
04-13-2012, 10:09 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I camped once on the south side of the river down that dirt road that follows the river a ways. I saw several old fire pits and just set up shop. I saw no trespassing signs on the south of the road but not between the road and river. Is that not a legal camp spot?

Between the road and the high water mark of the river on the south side of the Lower Yuba River is definitely private property, owned by Western Aggregates. It would be unlawful to camp there, although, as evidence shows, many people have done so. 8)

Slice
04-13-2012, 11:01 AM
oops, thanks for the info

stonefly58
04-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I tried to get info for Sycamore Ranch online, the phone numbers listed on their website are not working for me, does anyone have a good number they can pass along?

Ned Morris
04-13-2012, 12:32 PM
But even Sycamore can sometimes have regular irregulars however that was 15 years ago. Can always get a cheap hotel room in Marysville assuming rooms have locks on them. I camp at Yuba Rec. Inc near Browns Valley, but not sure they are allowing new members. Took me 4 years on waiting list to finally get in. Love camping there. Timbuctoo is really nice if you know someone special:D

The property is owned by Western Aggregates and posted no trespassing. You may or may not get the boot. Some really seedy creatures hang out down there after dark (not just us fly fishers either). Like BJ1 said, you'll sleep a lot better at Sycamore. Collins Lake isn't too far, has good camping and excellent fishing.

royewest
04-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Ned, can you tell more about that club? Contact info and the cost? Thanks.

Ralph
04-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I tried to get info for Sycamore Ranch online, the phone numbers listed on their website are not working for me, does anyone have a good number they can pass along?

Try this: http://www.co.yuba.ca.us/departments/community%20development/public%20works/PARKS/Sycamore%20Ranch.aspx

Ned Morris
04-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Look for Yellow Sign just past Joines Rd. on your right on Hwy 20. Phone number listed.

Ha! Cost: When I joined 13 years ago it was $150. Now it is $350 year. Small price considering private river access, camping, bird hunting etc....

Ask for Ruth

Jimmie
04-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Sycamore Ranch is now owned by Yuba County Parks. Hence Ralph's link to Yuba County....

beachjumper1
04-14-2012, 01:24 PM
the county ownes and operates it now. no more "rough" fulltimers. cleaned up nice even a cement ramp into the creek. used for a takeout by the driftboat folks.friday update the creek through the park and campground is running very high Hammon Grove park was closed.the Yuba was brown
George