PDA

View Full Version : plumas county

thepeacockspecial
04-11-2012, 09:27 AM
If I am correct, I remember reading a post here about night fishing for trout in plumas county lakes. Is this true or false? I tried reading the regulations, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Troutstalker55B
04-11-2012, 10:15 AM
All lakes in Plumas County are open at night to fishing and boating, it is printed in the Plumas Co. Sheriff's boating handbook. I looked on their website and there is no link but I have a very close friend who does boat patrol for the sheriffs office at Davis, Frenchman, Almanor, and Little Grass Valley Reservoirs. Some lakes/ponds are closed if they are on private land; Like the Graeagle mill pond. Typical Plumas County for not having the info readily available for the public.

Jon.

thepeacockspecial
04-11-2012, 10:26 AM
thanks jon. i've been wanting to fool residents of almanor and butt lake during the hex on my tube. the previous year when i went, i only had about 15 minutes before it got dark. looks like i shall stay later this year.

Ben J
04-11-2012, 05:17 PM
The hex hatch is awesome, but swinging sculpin patterns at the Butt Lake powerhouse at dusk and after can bring out some big browns:D

thepeacockspecial
04-11-2012, 07:14 PM
okay, so another question in regards to another post i found earlier, but can't find now.

last year, someone mentioned getting cited and ticketed by a sheriff at butt lake after dawn. what was the issue there? was the sheriff handing out tickets hoping people didn't know the regulations there? i'm confused. i just want to avoid a bad experience.

Ben J
04-11-2012, 07:25 PM
I have fished the powerhouse after dark without issue... but maybe I've been lucky for one reason or another. Maybe it was an issue of "no parking at X area between 10pm and 5am" or whatever.
I hope I haven't been breaking that law, but i've never had any problems.
I live in Plumas during the summer and love the powerhouse at Butt because it is about the only place in the area i can break out the spey rod this time of year (save an occasional trip over to the trinity).