PDA

View Full Version : new tube

JasonB
04-07-2012, 07:33 AM
So I now have a float tube for the first time, and am kind of anxious to check it out. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions/recommendations for a decent spot to give her a test drive, somewhere not too far from the Placerville or Auburn area. I'm guessing that a lot of the better lakes around here are still pretty chilly, and not fishing particularly well. Actually lake fishing in general has been a pretty mysterious concept, but one that I'm eager to unravel. I could wait a couple more weeks if need be, but wouldn't mind getting out a bit sooner if there's some decent fishing to be had.
Thanks,
JB

mike borba
04-07-2012, 12:18 PM
From the previous posts, Rancho Seco would be a good place. No gas motored boats allowed. I'll be there Tuesday. Mike Borba

Scott V
04-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Jenkinsons for smallies is where I would go.

DFrink
04-09-2012, 06:18 AM
I would go anywhere that Scott may want to meet you at. You can learn a lot just spending a day floating next to him. I may try French Meadows in a couple of weeks, I'll let you know.

Dan

JasonB
04-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Cheers folks, thanks for some suggestions. I'll let y'all know when I get to test her out. I ended up heading to the Truckee instead this weekend, fishing was tough but good :)
JB