PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Voyage

Spicytuna1
04-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Middle brother and I just picked up a 1996 Bass Tracker yesterday so clean you can eat off it. We had to run it last night wind be damned. Focused on the northern Delta. Boat ran like a champ wind sucked bad but each of us boated a fish My big Striper and two smaller LMB's.

Water temp was 57 and visibility was less than 1 foot, all fish came out of 2-5 feet of water.

GreggH
04-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Can I get the receipt for the fly in image #4 :) Blade on a big J hook clouser...vedy nice.

Darian
04-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Gregg,.... It looks like a Spinster. If that's it, the recipe/photo for that fly is on Blantons BB under "Hot Flies". :cool:

Spicytuna1
04-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Yup darian was right on. The spinster, had an order through Lee Haskins he has Been on me a little to throw that fly. Well when conditions weren't exactly up to par it got the job done.

Went back out Friday morn and got spanked one dink LMB and a half decent Crappie.

mar
04-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Nice ride. Looks very clean...nice set-up for flinging flies.
Might be time to head out there myself. Been spending too much time chasing striper bait :-)

BenFishin
04-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Nice ride. Looks very clean...nice set-up for flinging flies.
Might be time to head out there myself. Been spending too much time chasing striper bait :-)

how bout Saturday bro, I've spent way too much time behind the computer