PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 7-piece or 8-piece pack rod (light trout sizes)

windknot
04-03-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm looking for an ultraportable light trout rod, the shorter (packed length) the better. Ideally I'd stumble across a 3-weight that packs down into 8 pieces and is 8' 6" long, but a 7-piece and/or a 4- or 5-weight would also work, and I'd consider anything from 8' to 9' in length.

Anyone have one of the older Cabela's Stowaway 7 rods in a 3-weight or 4-weight that they're not using? How about an L.L. Bean Travel 8-piece rod (don't recall if they made/make them smaller than a 5-weight) or a March Brown? Any other brands that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Matt

beatle-bug
04-05-2012, 06:13 PM
I have a very lightly used Kunnan Graphite Advantage 4 piece rod I purchased back in the early 90's to take on backpacking trips to the high country here in Colorado.---I used it maybe 2 times.---Model 74775---7'6" --line wt. Aftma =4-5.---This rod was a mid-priced Graphite rod.---length go each piece is 24 inches.----Comes with plastic rod tube.----------$90 + shipping

Bill
abshagenb@gmail.com

JayDubP
04-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Echo has their "Trip" series- 8 piece rods. They cast and fish like a 4 piece rod.

Mike O
04-05-2012, 07:27 PM
I know the redington wayfarer was made in 5 and 6 pieces....thought they had a 7 as well...

I have a 6 piece 6 weight...haven't used it much for some reason.

windknot
04-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Thanks all for the responses. I guess I'm really looking at either the old Cabela's Stowaway, old Redington Wayfarer (I believe they did make a 7-piece rod at one point), a March Brown, L.L. Bean Travel, or Echo Trip since I do want to stick to either 7-piece or 8-piece rods (though 6-piece rods like the Redington CT are also intriguing).

Cheers,
Matt