PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake reports??

betty
04-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Fished Pyramid March 20-24. Very slow--few fish caught from ladders. Wondered if there had been any improvement since then and if water temps had come up at all. thanks for any info.
Betty

Scott V
04-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Hi Betty, I have yet to hear any reports that sound better than yours.

jayclarkflyfishing
04-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Its been a continuation of the same. Email me for more details if you wish.

Jay

ryanerb
04-02-2012, 09:05 PM
also check the fish reports section at http://pyramidlakeflyfishing.com

seems to be slow, i got a trip planned for april 28, hopefully that will give it enough time to pick up.

if you have a float tube or small boat, and the winds are low, you might be able to get more fish slightly further off the ladders on the drop off.

Chris Evison
04-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Things are starting to slowly improve. If you fish the beaches from a ladder it is going to be tough until the fish move to the inside trench. Right now fish are still hanging on outside of sandbar where they can't be reached from ladders. Best reports from beaches come from those in tubes/pontoons/driftboats/boats. As water warms fish will move inside and things will improve.

Best area remains the rocks at Pelican. Nothing stellar, but action is picking up. Typical Pyramid, slow one day and good the next. I would call it inconsistent at best.

Weather warming into weekend and next week. Things could turn on quickly! Last half of April and 1st half of May should be prime if it doesn't warm to fast. I fished Pyramid thru June last year (last day was 6/28).

Bull_Dog
04-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Pyramid is going to have a strange spring. It is not about the reports so much but about the conditions in the lake. This is not going to be one of those years where all of the sudden you see the reports getting better and better as the water warms. It is going to be a tough season.

The normal spots that all of the part time Pyramid fishermen are used to fishing are not in their normal state. To give a example the Nets beaches are flooded - wich means you can not wade out to the drop-offs without going in over the top of your waders. There is over 100 yards of basically 4 1/2 to 5 foot flats. The fish are only going to be up on these flats on days when the wind is perfect or at first light and last light. This is not going to change before the season closes at the end of June. I fished with 2 guys yesterday and we had 15 chances each in about 5 hours but not in any of the usuall beaches or fashions. This is not the wade out and huck a wooly bugger or an indicator year. You will have to think outside the box. Our clients are catching fish on a regular basis but we have changed our approach.

Morgan
04-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Pyramid will drive one crazy.....

betty
04-04-2012, 05:42 PM
thanks to all for the good information. I agree, this year has been and is going to be very different from past years.
Betty

Bull_Dog
04-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Early in the week the fishing really picked up but the last couple of days were just a s bad. 1 to 3 fish days were the norm. Pyramid, How do you figure it out. I wish those so called stupid Cutthroats could talk. There are reports of a 22 pounder in the fish ladder. Damn got by me again.

jayclarkflyfishing
04-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Fishing at Pyramid continues to be spotty with a couple of good days and big fish and then back to very slow with very few opportunities. I landed 3 today in a long day on the float tube. Water temps are still in the upper 40's. Maybe something will change soon!

Jay

PS Rob- It was good to see you on the water yesterday. Let's fish soon!