PDA

View Full Version : shad cam and contest

Larry S
03-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Just posted this elsewhere on the Kiene board - "events", I think -

Sylvester Nemes
was a great promoter of the soft-hackled fly and wrote the definitive book on this
subject. This book will be one of the prizes in our annual "first shad spotted" contest
which should start soon. Viewers (and entrants) check on the site -
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/shadcam/ . Be the first to spot a shad swimming
passed the shad cam and post the evidence on the Kiene board; no eels and non-shad,
please. Camera is down right now because of murky conditions.
Prizes to the first few places; depends on how many books I want to "shed."
Best,
Larry S

Here's what we did last year --- http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22870

Larry S
04-04-2012, 05:18 PM
This means our contest for insomniacs/shad cam watchers is underway. Be the first to spot
an actual shad on camera and post proof on the Kiene forum. I have prizes for the first
5 or 6 places; fishing oriented books. SHig was our first place winner last year.
Eels don't count; nor do workers in front of the camera.
Besst to all,
Larry S

pcrader
04-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Apologies in advance if I botch this post. I don't know how to put up photos without nails or tape. I'm not good with the internets.

Is this a winner? It's a screenshot from my phone, so it's hard to see, but the suspect is on the upper left. I'm not sure what the dark thing in the middle is.

Here's an eel.

Phil

Scott V
04-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Looks like a shad to me Phil.

Jeff Stephens
04-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Not sure if this attachment is correct :fish:

Larry S
04-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Not sure a shad appears in any of the pics yet. Still, we're going to accept them.
Phil's offering reminds me of the 2000 Florida election; you know --"hanging shad (sic)."
Still have room for more entries. Phil and ffjeff4, check your PM's for book choices.
Best,
Larry S

Mike O
04-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Can,t post pics from iPad. Caught one, will post when I get home..
Here we go:

I watched the 3 panel pic...caught this one going one way in one frame, turning around, then going the other way in the last panel.

Larry S
04-06-2012, 04:44 AM
Mike,
PM me with your name, address, and book choice. Enjoy.
Best,
Larry S
San Diego

Books available are:

3. Practical Fishing Knots (HB) by Lefty Kreh and Mark Sosin

4. California Blue-Ribbon Trout Streams (SB) by Bill Sunderland and Dale Lackey

5 California's Best Fishing Waters (SB) A Wilderness Adventures Press Map Book

6. Fly-Fishing for Sharks (HB) by Richard Louv

7. Founding Fish (SB) John McPhee

To find out more about each or any of these books, one should "Google search" the
title/author. They might be listed on Amazon.com, as well.

pcrader
04-11-2012, 08:03 PM
The book arrived in the mail today. Can't wait to read it. Thank you very much.

Phil

Mike O
04-19-2012, 09:51 PM
So sorry Larry!!

Meant to post that the book was waiting for me when we got our vacation hold mail back on Monday. After being gone 2200 miles and a week of time, my brain got a little fuzzy. Thanks a lot, it was exactly what I was hoping for! Second edition of a book I also have the first of. I love that book...

Thanks!!!

Mike