PDA

View Full Version : Delta Report 3-29-12

Hatch
03-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Fished out of Orwood today from 7 till 2 with Kienes board member, and Striper Sniper regular, Malbers. Great weather with calm winds, overcast skies and warm temps. We found good clear water from 54 to 56 degrees and about 200 bass boats screaming around all over the place. I guess the FLW is coming to the Delta this weekend. We even saw one of them catch a fish and not just driving fast. We concentrated our efforts on 5 main areas and found good numbers of small fish at 3 of them. No fish over 5# but good sized schools of eager, hard fighting, Clouser grabbing stripers. It was good fun. We ended the day with 42 fish total. 38 stripers (only 7 were keeper sized or better) and 4 LMB. Lots of other grabs and LDRs and three doubles. Hopefully this is a good sign for spring fishing.
Thanks Malbers.
HATCH

Scott V
03-30-2012, 07:31 AM
I've been hearing some good reports from a couple of buddies, things are looking up.

malbers
03-30-2012, 08:26 AM
Thanks Hatch, totally worth getting out of bed, no matter how drunk you might have been 5 hours earlier!!!

Hatch
03-30-2012, 03:02 PM
Malbers-It's all about how you finish, very rough start though-Thanks for driving so I could sleep.
HATCH