PDA

View Full Version : Kiene's Expo 2012

aaron
03-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Hey Folks

The Expo preparations are coming together and it looks like this year is going to be bigger and badder than ever! Come by and say hi to us, reps, and people from all over the industry. There will a ton of gear to test drive! As usual some of the top fly tiers in Nor Cal will be present and we also have a full batch of great slide show presentations in the works. This year we'll have more top Nor Cal guides than ever in attendance to bs with and pick their brains for tips on their local waters. As always there will be a ton of high end schwag to raffle away!

Event's Schedule

Presentations – Same building as last year

10am Lincoln Gray – Lower Sac

10:40am Jon Baiocchi – Lake Davis

11:15am Keith Kaneko – Amazon Peacock Bass

1230 Lance Gray – Nor Cal Fishing Tours

130pm Jim Andras – Upper Rogue and Klamath Steelhead

2:15pm Brian Slusser – Truckee River

Casting Instruction - outside

12 Rachel Andras

2pm Tony Yap

Some highlights:
Casting presentation and instruction from Rachel Andras...need we say more! Also Tony Yap will instruct on casting for distance and accuracy.

Fly Tying:
All of the usual suspects are back!

Jay and Glenn Fair will be on hand again this year with more new materials.
Neal Pultz
Jay Murakoshi
Ken Hanley
Bob Sheidt
Mike Henle
Dennis Lee
Bob SHeidt
Steve Korbay

Top Nor Cal guides:
A lot of folks will be on hand, take advantage of this to learn more about their home waters.

Keith Kaneko
Lance and Lincoln Gray
Confluence Outfitters
Capt. Mark Brown
Jay Clark
Jon Baiocchi
Darrin Deel
Jim and Rachel Andras (Andras Outfitters)
Brian Slusser
Bill Ferrero
Rob Anderson & Doug Ouellette
Confluence Outfitters
Jason Hartwick
El Capitan Maury Hatch
and more!

Additionally the crew from the Tahoe-Truckee chapter of Trout Unlimited will be on hand to talk about their success and future goals with the watershed. Tahoe Trout Bum Schwag will hopefully be available for purchase.

If nothing else come have a free hot dog and soda and enjoy! More details to come.

Scott V
03-27-2012, 02:11 PM
I'll be manning the Granite Bay Flycasters booth part of the day. But I have my eye on a 8 wt TFO BVK for my trip to Florida next month.

Troutstalker55B
03-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Wow! This is going to be a great time! I’ll be presenting my 145 slide power point presentation on Lake Davis and Frenchman’s Reservoir. It covers access points, the seasons, techniques, equipment, entomology, and flies. If you are a newbie, or a seasoned vet to these lakes, I’m sure you’ll pick up some good info you can use next time you fish there. I encourage the fly fishing public to come out to Kiene’s expo and learn from the pros. I’m really looking forward to this – See ya there!

Jon.

BigOkieWhiteBoy916
03-27-2012, 03:57 PM
I'll be there selling shwag and answering questions with Truckee River Trout Unlimited. Stop by and say Hi!

aaron
03-27-2012, 04:43 PM
SA has a special offer for the expo, trade in an old fly line to their rep for $20 off of a new Mastery fly line. Must bring the old line to the show.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-27-2012, 10:01 PM
This is always a great event.....

I enjoy seeing lots of old friends and meeting new ones.

Scott V
03-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Wow! This is going to be a great time! I’ll be presenting my 145 slide power point presentation on Lake Davis and Frenchman’s Reservoir. It covers access points, the seasons, techniques, equipment, entomology, and flies. If you are a newbie, or a seasoned vet to these lakes, I’m sure you’ll pick up some good info you can use next time you fish there. I encourage the fly fishing public to come out to Kiene’s expo and learn from the pros. I’m really looking forward to this – See ya there!

Jon.

145!!! That must be the longest slide show ever!

Troutstalker55B
03-28-2012, 09:49 AM
145!!! That must be the longest slide show ever!

I've added more slides to my PP after getting feed back from the many speaking engagements I've done in the last couple months. It's about 45 minutes to an hour long. With more slides it explains things a little bit better and keeps the audience on the edge of their seat.

Jon.

aaron
04-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Update, I have a 590-4 Sage One and 11' #6 Orvis Helios Switch outfit, among a lot of other great stuff to raffle off at the expo. Looking forward to it!

Jimmie
04-05-2012, 11:50 AM
DAMN!! I hate to be missing it :(. First time I have missed it in 3 years. Sounds like it will be better than ever...*sighs*

I will be working my way home from a trip to the southeast. That day I will be in Houston. Hopefully will have caught REDFISH in Mobile Bay by then.

Terry Thomas
04-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Morrison's Rogue River Lodge will also have a booth again this year. Stop by and see what's going on.

aaron
04-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Here's the schedule of events for the day

Presentations – Same building as last year

10am Lincoln Gray – Lower Sac

10:40am Jon Baiocchi – Lake Davis

11:15am Keith Kaneko – Amazon Peacock Bass

1230 Lance Gray – Nor Cal Fishing Tours

130pm Jim Andras – Upper Rogue and Klamath Steelhead

2:15pm Brian Slusser – Truckee River

Casting Instruction - outside

12 Rachel Andras

2pm Tony Yap

Scott V
04-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Long range forecast is calling for 74 degrees and sunny!!:)

aaron
04-17-2012, 04:35 PM
SCHWAG alert, we have tons of good stuff to give away at the Expo. As always there will be a sales raffle, every $50 spent earns a ticket. In this will be:
An Orvis Helios Switch outfit. 11'#6 helios with matching Hydros reel and orvis line. This is close to a $1500 value! Huge thanks to Orvis for the Donation
590-4 Sage One
11' #7 Echo 3 switch rod
Redington Sonic Pro wading jacket
Sage 4250 Reel
Beulah 6/7 classic switch rod
Waterworks Velocity 2 special edition Nickel Reel

Additionally we have a free raffle, everyone who shows up is entered to win:
A TFO rod of your choice
596-4 Ross Essence Rod
590-4 Hendrix Rod/Reel Outfit
Redington Sonic Pro Waders
Hardy 5000 ULDD Reel
Sage DXL waistpack
Rio Gold Fly Lines
1/2 price guided trip with Bill Carnazzo
1/2 guided trip with capt Marc Brown
Fishpond Waist pack
Stick Jackets of your choice
Airflo Spey Line

If that's not enough then we have free hot dogs and drinks!
Hope to see everyone this Saturday from 9-5! Its forecasted to be a sunny 86 degrees :D

aaron
04-20-2012, 10:31 PM
750 hot dogs ready to go for tomorrow, hope to see everyone there!

Jed Peters
04-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Crazy amounts of people when I left at 11:00 this morning. Good job on the expo....hope you folks sold a bunch!