PDA

View Full Version : NFF - Breaststroking eagle

Larry S
03-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Here's a YouTube video of an eagle dealing with a dead nutria.
Breast to you,
Larry S

http://www.youtube.com/embed/87xNpOYOlQ4?rel=0

Darian
03-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Determined bird.... Gotta chow down to keep on flying. :D

jbird
03-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Thats awesome! A dead Nutria...yuck! lol.

I saw an eagle do the exact same thing at Wickiup reservoire near Bend. He got a fish too big to fly with so he swam it to shore just like on that video.

Darian
03-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Maybe that bird needs a JATO assist. ;) Kinda like when I was in the Navy at North Island, SD. The P5M sea planes would take off using JATO assist. Fun stuff. :D

Larry S
03-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Darian,
The Marines have taken over Miramar after the Navy left. We are seeing quite a few of
the Ospreys now. Fascinating planes. Also at the western end of Miramar is the nation's
newest military cementery. I live just a mile or so to the west of there. Quite impressive!

jbird,
sorry I haven't posted to some of your recent photography efforts. Cataract surgery and
prostate issues have limited my computer time. This getting old is getting old.
Best to all,
Larry S

Charlie S
03-27-2012, 06:30 PM
It looked more like a butterfly stroke than a breaststroke to me Larry.....

jbird
03-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Darian,
The Marines have taken over Miramar after the Navy left. We are seeing quite a few of
the Ospreys now. Fascinating planes. Also at the western end of Miramar is the nation's
newest military cementery. I live just a mile or so to the west of there. Quite impressive!

jbird,
sorry I haven't posted to some of your recent photography efforts. Cataract surgery and
prostate issues have limited my computer time. This getting old is getting old.
Best to all,
Larry S

Oh Larry, I m so sorry for your troubles. I pray you are on the mend and will be back down at Blacks soon pokin fun at those pearch :-)

No worries, I havent posted much at all. Im in my new house and the birds are here with a vengence, But Im working too much to do anything about it right now.......soon!

Larry S
03-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Charlie,
That's exactly what one of my fishing buddies - who's a swim coach - told me.

jbird,
Thanks for the concern. Just a speed bump. Fished Lake Morena today and
got several dozen trout between the two of us. Two small bass even fell for the
midges. Will try the surf again on Friday; water temps are 53 deg. Go figure.
Best,
Larry S