PDA

View Full Version : Feather report

Dan Harrison
03-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Caught three nice Feather steelhead on wed between 8am and 11am went first to the upper area it was murky off color and shallow not much confidence about the water up there so headed down river. Came out to the river only to find a guide boat working the run so I sat on the bank and waited. Didn't see them hook up so I went out and worked a different part of the run. To my surprise I caught two nice 22 inch steelhead. Headed down river again was fishing a run when the same guide boat came and caught two working the opposite side of the same run. I caught one there about the same size all the fish made good runs and jumps, really fun. i would be posting pics right now if I hadn't put my iphone in my unprotected lower pocket. That silly little electronic does not like water, go figure. It is sitting right now in silica packets and rice for a three day wait. I am keeping my fingers crossed but I am not very hopeful.

Woodman
03-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Zen,

Thanks for the report. I've been thinking I need to get up to the low-flow sometime soon. Have to clear my calendar one day next week perhaps.

Nymphing? Alevins? What worked.

Dan Harrison
03-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Flies were Micro May, SJW, Black rubber legs. One on each.

Adam Grace
03-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the report Zen :)

rotorhead902
03-24-2012, 01:48 AM
sorry to hear about your iphone. Check this out for your next one. http://www.lifeproof.com/

Dan Harrison
03-24-2012, 06:34 PM
sorry to hear about your iphone. Check this out for your next one. http://www.lifeproof.com/

Thanks looks like a good case. I am so bad about electronics and water. I have ruined two cameras, itouch, two sets car keyfobs, and now a iphone. Thing is a have a water proof case for my iphone but didn't use it. ](*,)

OceanSunfish
03-24-2012, 11:23 PM
How does this case compare to Otter Box?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-25-2012, 10:03 AM
If you fish right now below the first or lowest dam on most of our valley rivers that flow to the ocean you should find some fresh small spring-run steelhead and some resident trout.

Most lower valley rivers will have caddis hatching but the cleaner ones will have stoneflies and mayflies as well.

Small salmon fry are a good food source now too.

goby
03-26-2012, 07:11 AM
How does this case compare to Otter Box?

The otter box is not waterproof.

OceanSunfish
03-26-2012, 08:58 AM
The otter box is not waterproof.

Any issues with docking or plugging in apple headphones, etc. ? Does the case inhibit the use of the speakerphone? Echo, etc.?

I would think that since it's waterproof, there would be some hindrance, but that's the "price" to pay for a real waterproof case that is required for those that are actively doing watersports..... kayaking, whitewater rafting, surfing, etc.

Sounds like a good product.

Thanks for insight.

Dan Harrison
03-29-2012, 08:36 AM
My iPhone is alive!! After drowning it in the feather it would not turn on so I put it in a bag of rice. After two days I got ahold of some silica packs and stuck it in a zip lock with the silica. Then I found on amazon the special 5 point srew driver to take off the back plate.I took off the back plate the sim card and the battery. Then back into the silica packs for another 24hrs. All back together the plugged it into iTunes and restored the device. Lost all my data but everything is working, what a relief. Now I am going to have to get that water proof case.

Larry S
03-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Zen,
Good for you. Thanks for the info. Definitely worth checking out. I have the Simms
holder that has a zip lock seal and a velcro closure. Wear it around my neck. I
think it would survive a quick swim; not sure how long it would keep the water out.
Best,
Larry S

royewest
03-29-2012, 02:51 PM
I've looked at a variety of waterproof cases for my phone and car key (electronic, unfortunately). They all seem pricey for what they are, so I stick with a 6x8" zip-lock "freezer" bag.