PDA

View Full Version : Nantucket Fish Company....

Darian
03-22-2012, 04:40 PM
OK,.... Here it is!!! My favorite seafood restuarant/dive on the way to the bay area. The Nantucket Fish Company. Situated on the docks (Dowrelio's) under the south end of the bridge over the Carquinez Straight in the township of Crockett. Lotsa good seafood and grog for everyone. =P~

During good weather you can eat outside and watch the charter boats dock, fisherman getting off the boats with their catches.... Boats in all stages of disrepair, etc. Good place for a photographer or painter.... :D

Ned Morris
03-23-2012, 03:44 PM
I used to go there all the time 12-15 years ago and it was awesome however last couple times I went about 6 years ago it was crap along the lines of a Red Lobster. Found out change of ownership. Maybe that happened again here as well albeit for the better. I will have to check out again although Western BOAT & TACKLE in San Rafael (not to be confused with recently closed WSS) is my new favorite. Best clam chowder outside SF with fresh Crab and fish too. Also no Yuppies there either which is a plus

Darian
03-23-2012, 11:05 PM
I sure can't agree with your assessment. The Nantucket Fish Company doesn't even begin to look or act like a Red Lobster. it has been painted recently....

I've been stopping there for about 25 years and still haven't had a bad meal. Nor have I seen a Yuppie there. Oh well,....To each his own. :confused:

Ned Morris
03-24-2012, 10:25 PM
It must really suck getting old. You're apex of culinary pursuits must be fried calamari and crab cakes. Like you so eloquently point out in your response, to each his own. Hope you enjoy!

I sure can't agree with your assessment. The Nantucket Fish Company doesn't even begin to look or act like a Red Lobster. it has been painted recently....

I've been stopping there for about 25 years and still haven't had a bad meal. Nor have I seen a Yuppie there. Oh well,....To each his own. :confused:

Darian
03-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Hmmm,.... Do I detect a disrespectful tone in your post :question: Getting older doesn't suck at all. Get ready. You'll be getting there soon enough. :D

OceanSunfish
03-26-2012, 09:16 AM
It must really suck getting old. You're apex of culinary pursuits must be fried calamari and crab cakes. Like you so eloquently point out in your response, to each his own. Hope you enjoy!

Easy there...... I'm pretty sure everyone that reads the restaurant reviews has their opinion since this is a topic regarding "taste", but no need to attack a person's taste or a person's age, etc.

When I read these reviews I'm more interested in hearing about cleanliness, good service, and attention to proper food preparation, etc. Typically, we're on the road going to or from a fishing destination and just want to eat..... and not have the worry about the consequences of dining at an unknown establishment......

Now, back in the early 90's there was a place in Crockett that I would stop and eat breakfast on ocasion. Small place with a family style menu..... even offered fresh tortillas in lieu of toast! Sort of like an impromtu breakfast burrito made out of my omlette.... Not sure the establishment still exists today.

Larry S
03-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Darian and not Ned Morris. Looking forward to meeting up with Darian; fishing and
dining. Ned Morris; I'll bet your table manners are as bad as your Internet etiquette.
Best to all the polite Kiene folks out there,
Larry S

Ned Morris
03-26-2012, 07:21 PM
for your clarification of desired party. Please do enjoy fishing and dinner together.

Darian and not Ned Morris. Looking forward to meeting up with Darian; fishing and
dining. Ned Morris; I'll bet your table manners are as bad as your Internet etiquette.
Best to all the polite Kiene folks out there,
Larry S

JayDubP
04-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Darian: I agree with your post of "My favorite seafood restuarant/dive on the way to the bay area"

Sure, there are better seafood restaturants around, but the Nanucket does the basics well... but in the "restaurant/dive" category for seafood it is near the top.

Getting there is part of the experience: driving under the bridge, walking through the gravel parking lot, and walking across the railroad tracks.