PDA

View Full Version : Abel Fly Rod - Repost

Jay Murakoshi
03-20-2012, 05:06 PM
This is a new rod that has never been used except one time practice casting.
It's a 9' 10wt or to correct that, it's a 8' 8" 10wt.
Now the whole story....

One day while I was out casting this rod, it started out as a 9' 10wt. After a few casts, the line/indicator got stuck in a tree. Instead of popping the leader, I tried breaking it free and the tip broke . Damn, a brand new rod !!!!
So I sent it back to Abel, hoping they would have a spare tip or could make one up. It took a while to hear back but eventually I heard from Jeff. He checked with the person who DID rod repairs and got back to me with the bad news. They didn't have any components to repair the rod since Abel got out of the rod business So I asked if they cut the blank to the next snake guide and fit a tip top on the end. Called back a few days later and said the rod is about 4" shorter but it has a tip top.

So now I'm going to eliminate one more rod from my collection !

A 8' 8" (9') 10wt Abel Rod. Action: Real stiff tip section, lifting power in the butt section.
I'm sure this rod could handle a big rooster, dorado or jack. Maybe a marlin or sail

Selling for $125.00 plus shipping - comes with an Abel fly rod case - that's probably close to the selling price of the rod itself

Interested? email: jaysflies@me.com or PM

Thanks

Jay

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/jaysflies/IMG_1623.jpg

NVswitch
03-20-2012, 07:23 PM
PM sent to you. Mike