PDA

View Full Version : Abel Pt. 5 reel

throssing
03-18-2012, 12:58 PM
I have a brand new (never fished) Abel Pt. 5 reel for sale. Comes with reel pouch, but no warranty card. It comes with the large arbor spool option. Glossy black anodized finish. Currently set up for left hand retrieve, but can be switched to right hand retrieve. Asking $!90, which is less than half of the current retail price.

Photos available via e-mail upon request.

REEL IS SOLD

throssing
03-22-2012, 07:31 AM
Post edited to reflect price reduction.

Joe Mateas
03-22-2012, 08:42 AM
PM sent, I am very interested in the reel. I'll take it, but had a few questions first, thanks!

throssing
03-25-2012, 06:38 AM
Reel is still available.

goby
03-26-2012, 07:15 AM
I hope I'm allowed to say the following....

No pics, OP is from Colorado, he has only 5 posts, with three are in this thread, and he joined in March 2012.

I'm going to pass.

throssing
03-26-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm sure that you are allowed to say that. And you are correct. I am new to the forum, and I do live in Colorado. I joined specifically because this board has a robust classified section that might help me to sell some gear that I don't use.

Your implication that because I live in Colorado and because I am new to the board I am not trustworthy is, however, incorrect. Over the years I have found that most fly fishermen can be trusted, and I know that I can be.

It is not clear to me what purpose your post might serve. If you were alerting your comrades to unscrupulous behavior or trying to warn them that you know me to be untrustworthy, then I suppose that you would be justified in posting a warning. However, neither of these is the case.

In view of this, I wonder if you could tell us why you would want to in any way impede the selling of gear in this classified section of a board of which I am a member.

goby
03-26-2012, 02:18 PM
I may have been a bit harsh, so I'm deleting the contents of this post.

windknot
03-26-2012, 03:45 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will say that this is a reasonable price for this reel and although the auction site might fetch a higher winning bid, the total revenue gained after fees probably wouldn't be any higher than this price. I'd buy it if I was looking for this particular reel, new member or not.

We all have to start somewhere, and after dozens of transactions on fly fishing boards I've never been burned by another member. Can't say the same for the big auction site.

throssing
03-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Dear Goby

Just a brief note to let you know that your uncalled for skepticism was not shared by other more reasonable members of this forum. The reel has sold, and I'm sure that the buyer will be happy with a fair and totally satisfactory transaction...despite the fact that I live in Colorado.

PS: I have another post for a rod if you would like to warn people about me.

Tom

goby
03-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Dear Goby

Just a brief note to let you know that your uncalled for skepticism was not shared by other more reasonable members of this forum. The reel has sold, and I'm sure that the buyer will be happy with a fair and totally satisfactory transaction...despite the fact that I live in Colorado.

PS: I have another post for a rod if you would like to warn people about me.

Tom

Tom,

I think my post was a factor in the quick sale. I think you should be thanking me for bumping your post. :D

Jay Murakoshi
03-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Hey Tom,

I know how some people would feel, especially if you've stung once or maybe twice. I know when I started selling a lot of things on Ebay, especially reels, people were a little skeptical about what I was selling. I sold two abel super 12's for a ridiculous price, something like $900.00 brand new. I even purchased two Abel reel bags since I couldn't find the ones they came in. Needless to say the guy was happy. I've also sold a number rods on this site and I'm sure no one was disappointed at the price or the product.
If I needed another reel, I thought about purchasing the reel but I would of questioned before the purchase

Jay