PDA

View Full Version : Bass-N-Fly Registrations Are Now Live

k.hanley
03-16-2012, 04:39 PM
ATTN!!!!
The original sign up sheet has the incorrect mailing address for Stockton Bass(Dave).

it should be:

Stockton Bass
P.O. Box 7316
Stockton, Ca. 95267

If you already sent in your registration it will probably be coming back. I know, I know, that's a problem. We can't get into that now. Logistics crap happens. We're sorry for any inconvience this creates.

The solution is to resend your registration. Please include a note stating this is your revised registration because of the address error on our first form.

Thanks again for your interest in the event.
Respectfully, The BNF Team

Please go to www.bassnfly.org for all the details.

We're looking forward to another great day of camraderie.

Thank you Bill for your outstanding support of this event!
Cheers, Ken & The BNF Team

k.hanley
03-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Important details have been entered into the original post.

Bob Arwine
03-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Hello Ken,
I was very excited to find out that the Bass n Fly event was going to held again this year! As soon as I found out that the application forms were avaliable I scrambled to get it printed, filled out and drove down to the post office to send it off. The reasons I put effort into posting it as quickly as possible was my understanding that, from past events, the fact that launch assignments were based on the timing of the arrival of the posted entry form. I would think that I was not the only person putting this level of effort into trying to be one of the first to launch. So this morning I decited to look at your post and found out that the address that my entry was sent to was not correct, and that I should resend all of the information. I scrambled again and sent the information.
So, a number of days were lost in regards to my potential launch position which was not of my making. What is the intent of Bass n Fly to rectify this fact for me and the others that sent their information to the incorrect address?

Keith Kaneko
03-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Hi Bob (and others that have done the same),

To begin, we apologize for the inconvenience. We are certainly honored that you are so committed to our event and made the quick response to send your entry form!

So, here is what we will do to ensure that each registrant is properly positioned in the blast off. When you receive your "return to sender" original mailing, please send Dave Sanchez (Stockton Bass) a note - AND - the envelope showing the post marked date. We will then ensure that you will be properly positioned in the blast-off based on the postmarked date of this original mailing.

It usually takes a week or two to get back a "return to sender" mail piece, so you can resubmit your entry / payment now to the correct address (with later sending of original postmarked mail piece) - OR - just wait until the original mail piece is returned and then send everything in together. Either way, we will ensure that you are properly positioned.

You are the first to comment on this situation, so I hope there aren't too many others that have done the same. Anyway, we are sorry for the inconvenience and look forward to seeing you at the tournament.

Bass-n-Fly
Keith Kaneko

GreggH
03-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Hey Guy's,

I was wondering if I could go to the front of the line because 1) I will procrastinate the sign in until day of. 2) My partner and I can only row so fast. 3) I have nice tournament snacks.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb236/greggh_fish/Rowboat.jpg

k.hanley
03-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Bob I'm impressed with your energy level and certainly appreciate the enthusiasm for the event! Nice going.

As Keith has posted, we noticed the error very early in the process and got the word out as fast as we could. It most likely affected very few folks. We will clearly reposition those affected -- to the best of our abilities. That of course depends on the honest open communication from our participants (such as you've displyed here).

We're looking forward to sharing a fun day with you on June 2nd.
Cheers, Ken

Keith Kaneko
03-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Haha Gregg!... thanks for the humor. I needed a good laugh this evening. Looking forward to seeing you at the tourney this June! Bring some good snacks for me too, huh?

Bob Arwine
03-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Hello to both Ken and Keith (and all the other Bass n Fly team),
Thank you for taking the time to address my concerns about having the incorrect address on the original application forms! From my past experiances of running competitive events, I have also had incorrect details slip out.
The Bass n Fly is a very fun fly fishing event. Last time it was held, Larry my brother-in law and fish'in buddy put perhaps an excessive amount of time into prefishing and planning. Our wives would say, "Oh REALLY....Excessive?" Anyway, the day of the last competition we had gusts of wind that were blowing our casting buckets over. I'm sure we all are hoping for less than gale winds this year.
Thank you, to all, for putting in all the hard work...
Bob Arwine