PDA

View Full Version : Nikon D3100

Jet
03-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Joey has taken a serious interest in Photography. He was looking at this camera as a starter camera. It's onsale at costco $200 off. Comes with a couple lenses and accessories.
Any suggestions out there for a good starter camera that won't break the bank? I think it's $699.00.

Thanks,

Jet

aaron
03-16-2012, 04:11 PM
I have one, for a simple starter camera with some nice features it's perfect. The video is pretty sweet too once you get the hang of it. I hear good things about the cannon TwhateverI series as well for the price. I have nikon lenses so it made the choice easy for me. I also like it for it's size. Fits in a ski pack or small backpack and doesn't weigh much at all.

jbird
03-16-2012, 05:48 PM
I started with the d3100. Its a really great little camera packed with features. It does not have an autofocus motor so you must use lenses with AF. You should get it. That sounds like a nice deal.

Adam Grace
03-16-2012, 09:03 PM
The Nikons are good cameras. Also check out the Canons, most of my customers find tha Canons to be a little more intuitive. If you have specific questions PM me, I've been selling these cameras for many years now.

Steve Cali
03-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Joey has taken a serious interest in Photography. He was looking at this camera as a starter camera. It's onsale at costco $200 off. Comes with a couple lenses and accessories.
Any suggestions out there for a good starter camera that won't break the bank? I think it's $699.00.

Thanks,

Jet

Jet,

I just bought this camera for my wife. It's her first DLSR and the size, weight and simplicity of this camera fits her perfect. From program mode to a more manual mode this camera is perfect for an entry level DLSR.

SC