PDA

View Full Version : FS: JP Ross 43T 690-4 rod

windknot
03-14-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm looking to sell a JP Ross 43T 690-4 6-weight rod, medium-fast action with great high-end components including mayfly engraving on the buttcap, feather inlays, attractive burl wood reel seat insert. In excellent condition with nice sleeve and aluminum tube (tube is a bit beat up but serviceable). Custom-built rods with these components run $400-$500 if you request them built from JP Ross' website.

Rod is sold.

Thanks for looking,

Matt

koffler
03-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Windknot -

Not sure about others but not sure why this is your personal forum to sell stuff - their is Ebay. I think you should contribute some content other than classifieds and not sure why you have 50 reels to sell annually. Of the 20 posts on the 1st page oif the classifieds 7 of the 20 are yours. It's irritating; give it a rest.

Jason Vallner

windknot
03-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Jason,

Thanks for the feedback. If Bill or one of the other moderators feels my posts are out of line I'll apologize and gladly edit them. This board doesn't currently have an option to delete posts once items are sold, or I would have cleaned up many of my old threads to reduce clutter. Sorry about that.

About the gear sell-off, I'm preparing to move out of the country later this year and need to move most of the collection I've accumulated over the years due to my gear addiction. I do have listings on Ebay and several other fly fishing forums as well. Just trying to make sure that the info reaches anyone who might be interested in reading it. I do my best to price rods and reels fairly and have made dozens of positive transactions with forum members on Bill Kiene's great board, both buying and selling.

Regarding the annoyance factor, I know that it can be tedious to see my gear all over the front page of the classifieds section and so I'll try not to bump posts here as often as on other boards, where there's a higher level of traffic. The reason why I have several different posts instead of putting them all on one long one is that more people see potential items of interest this way.

I don't post much on the other subforums because I fly fish predominantly in the Sierra backcountry and this isn't an area that is covered very substantially here. I have nearly a thousand posts under the screen name of windknot on the High Sierra Topix forum if you want to verify that I'm a real person and not just a crazy gear whore. :)

Anyway, I'm sorry if you or anyone else has taken offense. Bill does us all a great service by providing this forum for our use, and I certainly don't mean to abuse the privilege.

Cheers,
Matt

Jaybinder
03-14-2012, 10:32 PM
First class response Matt.

Jason

trouterfan1
03-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Definitely A class act response....Good caliber of a man there!

I wish I had the funds for that JP rod. I"m looking for a decent 6wt to throw streamers on with an I line and sink tip and I prefer medium fast rods. I just wish that on the end cap was an engraving of a big juicy streamer instead of a mayfly. I think that would bug me a little (no pun intended). Then again I'm a little weird like that.

Jet
03-15-2012, 02:36 PM
I don't have a problem with the number of posts. Seems like a top notch guy and offers great stuff at reasonable prices. It's one of my favorites pastimes looking at stuff I don't need but maybe want?

Jet

koffler
03-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Sorry windknot, I apologize. My comments were inappropriate.

Thanks,
Jason

windknot
03-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Jason,

No worries at all, mate. I appreciate the response.

Best,
Matt

DAVID95670
03-16-2012, 08:36 AM
You have seriously got a lot of gear .... by the way love the blog I have both read it and been inspired to find these spots or similar spots at any rate....

I got a buddy of mine that hikes these back country spots reading your blog

windknot
03-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Tell me about it. I don't do much fishing during the winter, so I have way too much free time on my hands to hunt around for new gear that looks interesting. Then spring rolls around and I realize that gas money ain't cheap, so I end up having to sell things to recoup some of my cost.

Thanks for the props on the blog. It's magical up there and I just try to convey a bit of that sense of exploration and rugged beauty.