PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake over the Weekend

Bull_Dog
03-13-2012, 06:10 PM
I hosted the Orange County Fly Fishers for a 3 day outing over the weekend at Pyramid Lake. This is their 8th year in a row. We fished 1/2 day on Saturday and full days on Sunday and Monday and topped the outing off with dinner at the Steakhouse at Western Village Monday night. The entire trip was excellent and everyone had a good time. The fishing to no suprize was on the slow side. We caught 25 fish Saturday, 6 on Sunday and about 25 again on Monday. The trophy for the largest fish went on a 26 1/2 inch 6 pounder on Monday. Lots of fish in the 22-24 in range.

The water is still really cold and the wind blew out of the west the last 2 days. Conditions were poor but we made the best of it. Saturday we had French Toast, Bacon and Canelope for Breakfast - Turkey Noodle Soup and Grilled Ham and cheese for lunch. Monday was Rob's famous Biscuits and Gravy for Breakfast and Burgers for lunch. We did not go hungry. Thanks again to the FFCOC for another great year. Great people and great understanding of how hiring a host for a big outing can really make a great trip.

Rob Anderson

Scott V
03-13-2012, 09:19 PM
The OC, my old stomping grounds. Grew up in Santa Ana. I hope to hit Pyramid in a month or so, keep us posted on the conditions.

GreggH
03-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Got pix's?