PDA

View Full Version : A question

Mike O
03-13-2012, 07:16 AM
How many morons will be trapped by the 6-8 feet of snow predicted for the Sierras by Sunday?

"I didn't know it was gonna snow??!!!??"

Good stuff for the trouts though!!

Morgan
03-13-2012, 08:08 AM
How many morons actually believe we are gonna get 6-8ft of snow?

Mike O
03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
The highese will...it's gonna be wet

aaron
03-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Storm is coming in a tad colder than expected which is nice, supposed to be more on tap next week after a quick break.
In case you haven't seen the amount of moisture, it's quite impressive although the meat is staying to our north. Shasta/Lassen will most likely end up over the 10' mark especially after tempts drop on Friday.
http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/p120i12.gif

bigfly
03-13-2012, 12:07 PM
A dusting so far, wow.....Maybe 2".
The art form, up here in Spring, is to let it melt rather than shovel.
The rain will take care of things......
Looks like wet fishing this week, but after fishing the coast, it will seem mild here.

Jim

Morgan
03-13-2012, 12:28 PM
A dusting so far, wow.....Maybe 2".
The art form, up here in Spring, is to let it melt rather than shovel.
The rain will take care of things......
Looks like wet fishing this week, but after fishing the coast, it will seem mild here.

Jim

Dont ya just love all the hype.
THose of us that live in the mountains are laughing at your predictions.
All you are doing is jinxing the storm :)
And I agree w/ ya bigfly on the shoveling.....w/ all this warm weather its just easier to let it melt away. Hekk...winter its been spring all season. And next tuesday is the first official day of spring. Get out those rain coats.

Adam Grace
03-13-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm happy that we are getting all of this precipitation but I wish that it came in last week, I'd rather be steelheading this weekend :(

aaron
03-13-2012, 02:05 PM
All you are doing is jinxing the storm :)

Pretty sure I did that in June by booking heli time :thumbsdown:
Dumping on the west side of the crest currently.

Frank Alessio
03-13-2012, 03:06 PM
The Upper Sac just about tripled in flow over night...I will be interested in the flows if it does rain for five days in a row....

Morgan
03-14-2012, 09:12 AM
NOthing but rain on the south shore :(

loose_shoes
03-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Yeah, is that crazy or what?

I was looking at the traffic cams along I-80. EB I-80 at Kingvale shows plenty of snow on the ground and quite a bit coming down. If you look at the truck scales just east of Truckee there is NO SNOW on the ground and no snow falling.

What is up with that? It makes no sense.

Traffic cams at http://www.magnifeye.com/

aaron
03-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Rainshadow makes sense.

loose_shoes
03-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Yeah, rainshadow makes sense in Verdi or Reno but a mile or two east of Truckee?

Judging by the traffic cams it looks like Truckee is not getting much out of this storm, either.

It's just surprising that this storm does not have enough punch to get over Donner summit, that's all.

Sammy
03-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Drove over 88 last night and it was really coming down up there. not much happening in the Carson area though.

Frank R. Pisciotta
03-14-2012, 04:35 PM
...you old timers will remember that one from Credence Clearwater Revival...

[QUOTE=loose_shoes;113951]Yeah, is that crazy or what?

"...traffic cams along I-80. EB I-80 at Kingvale shows plenty of snow on the ground and quite a bit coming down. If you look at the truck scales just east of Truckee there is NO SNOW on the ground and no snow falling.

What is up with that?...

I'm guessing that Kingvale ( about 7 miles west of the summit is at about 6600-6700 elevation and the truck scales east of town are at 5900-6000.

Frank R. Pisciotta